Front-end lead developer
We are currently building the next generation of our HTML5 based financial trading applications and are looking for lead front-end developer that can help us providing technical leadership and consistent technical direction that will allow us to fulfill the aim of delivering an unparalleled user experience in our business domain.
With a specific focus on low latency, reliability (100% uptime, 24hr/5.5days), and scalability and the potential for an order of magnitude growth in load and volume, our platforms currently support:
- 10s of thousands concurrent clients globally
- 100s of thousands of price updates per second
- Thousands of trades and orders per second
- Trading applications for multiple platforms and form factors.
- Be a key contributor in defining application architecture and development flows
- Work with product managers, UX designers, and Front End developers to design and deliver user experiences that work flawlessly across all major desktop and mobile browsers
- Ensure reliability, scalability and efficiency
- Work in a dynamic team oriented environment using agile methodologies. Our objective is to deploy every day and learn on the way
- Assist and mentor less experienced front-end engineers, leading them to excellence
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Provide estimates for development activities based on working knowledge and real world experience.
- Keep abreast of front-end development techniques and technologies
- 3+ years of experience developing large-scale, performance critical web applications and real-time data-driven interfaces
- Experience designing and developing for multiple form factors (mobile/tablet/desktop), across multiple platforms (Win/OSX/iOS/Android)
- Experience integrating front-end code within a server-side view layer (.NET, PHP, Ruby etc.)
- Mobile and desktop web performance & optimization knowledge (e.g. sprite sheets, icon fonts)
- Experience creating documentation and well-commented code
- Familiarity with mobile first development and responsive design
- Expert knowledge in browser technologies
- Creative self-starter with great team and cross-group collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have outstanding attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership
- Prior business knowledge or willingness to learn quickly about the financial industry, preferably electronic trading
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS, Stylus etc.) and object-oriented CSS principles
- Experience and interest in implementing and maintaining efficient workflows with package managers, asset pipelines, automated testing, build system and version control
- Experience with agile design and development practices
- Experience working with geo-distributed development teams
- Strong interest in latest web and JS trends, Chromium
- Strong interest in product and user interface design
- Active in the community through open source, conferences and social media
- A rare opportunity to join a highly skilled and motivated team working with the latest web technologies at scale across multiple platforms within the financial industry
- The chance to strongly influence a highly visible project from the outset, one that will form the public face of Saxo Bank’s next generation trading platforms over the long-term
- An opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, very ambitious and, at the same time, informal and pleasant working environment
- Encouragement to learn and grow your interests, wherever they lead
- An organisation that values innovation, i.e. by having FedEx Days
- An attractive salary plus benefits package
For further information about the position please contact Head of IT Client Experience, Arne Henningsen on +45 39 77 61 55 or email@example.com.
Saxo Bank is an online multi-asset trading and investment specialist, offering private investors and institutional clients a complete set of tools for their trading and investment strategies. Its financial community portal, TradingFloor.com, is the first multi-asset social trading platform. As a fully licensed and regulated European bank, Saxo Bank enables clients to trade FX, CFDs, ETFs, Stocks, Futures, Options and other derivatives on our award-winning SaxoTrader platform, accessible on PCs, tablets or smartphones through a single account and available in more than 20 languages. The platform is white-labelled by more than 100 major financial institutions worldwide. Saxo Bank also offers professional portfolio and fund management as well as traditional banking services through Saxo Privatbank. Founded in 1992, Saxo Bank is headquartered in Copenhagen and has offices in 26 countries throughout Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, Africa and Australia.