Senior Backup Specialist
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backup Specialist for our Backup team in Global IT. The department handles the backup services of all DSV’s Global IT infrastructure.
At present, we handle over 8PB storage and 2,500 servers based on Windows Linux and AIX platforms. Approx. 98 percent of all our servers are virtualized. On a daily basis we are responsible for securing, maintaining and performance optimizing all our backup systems in order to ensure a stable global operation.
Our backup platform consists of both IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM) and CommVault and you will get the responsibility and opportunity to be a part of designing and running a very unique environment.
Tasks and responsibilities as Backup Specialist
- Daily administration, support and troubleshooting on our backup platform
- Designing and counselling in connection with new functions and technology when using Backup, Restore or Archiving, including security, performance and accessibility
- Auditing (review and designation of problem areas in your environment)
- Optimization of current backup environment
- Preparation and maintenance of documentation, instructions and procedures
- 3rd level support on backup infrastructure, incl. appl. server, tape, disk and vtl technologies
- Participation in relevant projects as technical specialist
Professional and personal qualifications
We expect the right applicant to have a solid educational background with technical and practical experience with TSM in an Enterprise environment as well as some of the below-mentioned qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge on TSM
- Good knowledge on backup
- Good understanding of high-availability, disaster-recovery and performance tuning
- Knowledge of SAN and Storage infrastructure
- Knowledge of ITIL and Change Management processes
- Excellent troubleshooting qualities
- An eye for system and process enhancements
- Good written and communication skills, in English
- Good knowledge on CommVault platform
In addition, we emphasize that your way of working is characterized by an analytical approach and a service-oriented attitude. We work as a team and it is therefore important that you value team work and at the same time are able to take ownership and work independently. Furthermore, you must be flexible, self-motivating and organized.
Join an international IT-organization in the world’s 5th largest transport and logistics company
By joining DSV you will get exciting tasks and projects in an international environment. DSV is represented in more than 80 countries and enjoys a rapid development, and you will be given ample opportunity to be part of and exert influence on this development.
It is important that you thrive and develop in an environment where not everything is a given, so you will be in a position to make your mark on the development. In DSV, we work with the latest technologies within IT.
Your workplace will be in DSV’s Headquarters in Hedehusene in an exquisite newly built domicile close to public transport.
Contact and application
If you wish to know more about the position, please contact Senior Manager, Jannik Dunmose on tel. 25 41 60 88.
We process applications on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to submit yours as soon as possible.
Global Transport and Logistics
With offices and facilities in more than 80 countries on six continents, we provide and run supply chain solutions for thousands of companies on a daily basis. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com or www.dk.dsv.com.