Section Manager for Database team
Would you like to head up a team of some of the most talented database experts in Denmark?
Join us to apply your knowledge of databases and take on this exciting and challenging leadership position. Databases are the backbone of our main applications. And you will set the direction for where we will be in the future in strong collaboration with your skilled team, optimising and improving performance as you go.
Lead, motivate and engage a team of specialists
As section manager, you will be a strong technical leader with responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the database team. Knowing the ins and outs of databases, you spend most of your time leading and setting a direction for your team, and let them solve the 2nd and 3rd line database issues. By complying with processes, you make sure we do it right the first time - and every time.
As this is a newly established team, we will be looking to you to help build a strong team culture and spirit and ensure that everyone is working in the same direction. Your responsibilities include:
- Structuring and coordinating resources for new projects that involve the database team, so they can concentrate on doing what they do best
- Managing stakeholders across both infrastructure and application areas
- Working with tools that ensure transparent database performance
- Translating database performance into understandable insights for management
Skilled leader with database knowledge
With your great database understanding, you are able to translate database terminology and performance into clear and understandable insights for management. Moreover, as you will be leading a highly skilled team with various backgrounds, you must be a great people leader, who can be a strong change agent. Using your strong people skills, you set a direction, create engagement and motivation.
- You have an IT degree or an equivalent education.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience, which has given you solid understanding of databases, how they are structured so you can understand database problems and issues.
- You have worked 3+ years as a line manager or similar, giving you experience with people management and budgeting.
- As there will be a great deal of contact with other functional areas, you must be skilled at collaborating with and managing stakeholders.
- You communicate effortlessly in English – both in speech and writing.
Join Global IT
With the merger of UTi in 2016, DSV became the fifth largest freight forwarder in the world and a powerful player in the global market – and we continue to grow. You will join an international and determined corporation, driven forward by the desire to grow and the courage to make necessary changes. Every day, we focus on growth, development and excellent results.
Global IT is the overall IT unit in DSV and is responsible for global IT development, operations, maintenance and support. We are operating in a global environment and maintain a tight co-operation with Business and IT Departments throughout DSV. You will be based at DSV’s Headquarters in Hedehusene and have more than 1,200 IT colleagues all over the world.
We have recently consolidated all the database specialists in one team, and in your role as section manager, you will have functional and disciplinary leadership responsibility for this newly established Database team consisting of approximately 10 database specialists.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Director Christian Andersen at +45 25 41 75 55.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible and no later than May 21 2017. We will process the applications as we receive them.
Global Transport and Logistics
With offices and facilities in more than 80 countries on six continents, we provide and run supply chain solutions for thousands of companies on a daily basis. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com or www.dk.dsv.com.