You are a qualified applicant if
- You have at least 4 years of experience with software development.
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, headers, asset loading / caching)
- You write scalable, modular and testable code
- You are able to deliver a great assignment using the description below
- You are willing to come in to the office for the onboarding months
- Great working location or remote.
- A true Kanban agile methodology.
- A management style based on responsibility and trust.
- An environment where you get to work with great developers and continue to learn.
How to apply
1. Make this assignment:
The section below describes the basic requirements for this assignment, but feel free to add any extra functionality or features that you would like to showcase.
Please submit all source files and dependencies such that your code can be executed without any need for additional configuration. Please also include a small readme file that concisely documents what you have created and how it works.
10 Hacker News
For this assignment we will utilize the open hacker news API provided by Ycombinator, specifically the following API endpoints:
Story info: https://hacker-news.firebaseio.com/v0/item/[id].json (replace [id] with story id) Author info: https://hacker-news.firebaseio.com/v0/user/[id].json (replace [id] with user id)
More information available at: https://github.com/HackerNews/API
- Story title
- Story URL
- Story timestamp
- Story score
- Author id
- Author karma score
2. Send your profile-link, github account (if existing) and the assignment results either on github, zip attachment or google docs to email@example.com.
3. We will invite candidates that matches our code style in terms of structure, seniority and solution level for a discussion about the next steps.