IT Sourcing Specialist
Are you an ambitious person with a strong business mind-set and are you looking for a job with the possibility to utilize and further develop your skills and competences within vendor management, contracting, sourcing and stakeholder management? Then you could be our new Vendor Manager within Global IT.
Global IT > Global IT Sourcing & Vendor Management > IT Vendor & Contract Management
Global IT is the business area responsible for all IT within Vestas Wind Systems A/S, and with reference to the Group CFO, Global IT covers everything from business engagement and requirements gathering to project implementations, infrastructure operations, Service Integration between vendors and end user support. Global IT also contains a Sourcing and Vendor Management function, and this is where we are looking to hire a new colleague.
Global IT Sourcing is responsible for all IT related sourcing and Vendor Management within Vestas Global IT. The department consists of two sub departments, Sourcing Execution & Vendor Management covering management of outsourcing agreements and vendors as well as HW, SW and Services/Consultancy agreements and Transactional Purchasing covering the actual purchase of hardware, software and telephony administration. The department currently counts 18 people. The yearly spend managed within Global IT Sourcing is a significant triple digit number of million Euro, so there is ample opportunity to have significant impact on Vestas´ ability to continue to run a cost efficient IT setup. Outsourcing and offshoring activities are the responsibility of Global IT Sourcing and our new colleague will play an important role in further utilizing the opportunities within this area.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Manage and negotiate contracts on behalf of Global IT, to maximize commercial value, flexibility and minimize risk of IT Sourcing/vendor engagement.
- Perform legal review in close cooperation with Group Legal.
- Develop and maintain methods & processes for vendor performance measurement, including vendor scorecards.
- Develop vendor relationships to drive optimization and continually improve on cost, quality and services.
- Participate in dialogs with technology owners, system architects and application solution architects in order to develop the optimal solutions from a technical and commercial view point.
- Act as the facilitator of cross functional alignment and control of vendor engagement and new sourcing initiatives.
- Develop and maintain competitive tender material, such as RFx and evaluation methods/matrices.
- Manage and drive the IT sourcing lifecycle to ensure competitive bids from tender development through evaluation of bids, negotiation, selection and transition to operation.
- Analyse vendor performance in order to assure compliance with SLA´s and drive continuous improvement of services and provide vendor performance overview e.g. metrics and scorecards.
- Navigate, facilitate and manage vendor integration in a multivendor environment to ensure efficient cooperation between vendors and internal service providers and recipients. You will act as escalation-point to and from vendors and Vestas stakeholders.
- Academic degree within Economics & Business Administration, Commercial Law, or similar.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in similar position.
- Vendor Management, Contract Management or Strategic Sourcing experience from IT department.
- High technical understanding of IT and IT processes.
- Experience with management of outsourcing of IT services and ability to demonstrate ability to leverage the benefits of outsourcing.
- Experience with methodologies in managing vendors in a multivendor service and delivery environment.
- English language at negotiation level – oral and written.
- Excellent understanding of legal aspects within IT contracts and good understanding of business needs and ability to translate requirements into contractual services, terms and conditions.
We expect you to have:
- A self-motivating and result oriented mindset as well as a strong cross functional understanding.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally; you sell your ideas effectively and have the ability to work cooperatively with various stakeholders, colleagues, and management.
- Strong negotiation, supplier relationship management and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly development-oriented customer mind-set.
- Structured, systematic and good understanding of business processes.
- Prepared for change.
- Motivated by a high pace.
- Ability to handle a diversified workload and many task at the same time without losing focus on the individual task.
- Super user in Excel and PowerPoint.
What we offer
We offer an exciting and challenging job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at the world’s leading wind turbine producer. We value initiative, enthusiasm, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
- Primary work location Aarhus, Denmark. Some travel must be expected.
- For additional information please contact Director, Vendor Management, Steen Bech Jensen, +45 2912 7029.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 82 GW of wind turbines in 76 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 71 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,800 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.