Software is important to Vestas and we have the ambition to build an even stronger software competence center in Denmark over the next years. Therefore, if YOU what to be a part of this journey and have a true passion for software and engineering then this may be a position for you.
We are designing and building unique wind turbines at Vestas. Turbines that last +20years in all kinds of extreme weather conditions. The wind makes the rotor spin but software is the real magic. Without software to control pumps, motors etc. the turbine will not generate electricity. Without an IT infrastructure, the control nodes in the turbine cannot communicate. Without proper software tools, performance issues can be very difficult to identify.
Control Engineering > Control Systems > Control Software
The Control Software Department is a part of Vestas Power Solutions and we are responsible for delivering application, framework and safety software solutions to all Vestas turbines. Control Software employs +25 highly skilled software developers in Denmark, Portugal and India. As a Software Developer, you will join the work on new turbine platforms, improvement projects or specific tools projects.
Dependent on your ambitions and competences, the Control Software Department will enable you to grow and become a hardcore Software Developer or a Software System Engineer with a product / system software overview or a SCRUM master for a small team of 4-7 people.
As Software Developer, you will:
- Be engaged in the early stage feasibility studies of new products working together with other engineering disciplines like converter, electrical, hardware etc.
- Be responsible for defining the software requirements for the turbine
- Engage in root cause sessions to identify potential turbine performance issues
- Be a strong contributor in the continuous improvement of our processes and tools.
The ideal candidate has a passion for software and excellent problem solving skills. We expect you to have completed a degree in e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electric Engineering.
- Are a team player who is goal oriented and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Are culturally open-minded, a good communicator and able to establish relationships across geographical boundaries and cultures.
- Have solid English skills, written as well as verbal, which enables you to communicate with people at all levels across the organization.
- Experience with C/C++
- Knowledge of OO & State based software design
- Knowledge of embedded software is an advantage
- Knowledge of GIT, Jira, Stash is an advantage
- Knowledge of SCRUM and Agile Development is an advantage
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to be part of a strong team consisting of +25 highly skilled and motivated software developers situated in Denmark, India and Portugal.
You will be part of a project-oriented organization in an inspiring work environment with opportunities to grow and develop in the job – professionally and personally.
This is your opportunity to work with unique products in a unique company where the career trajectory for this position is very good for the right person.
Primary work location is Aarhus, Denmark. 10+ travel days annually are to be expected for this position.
For additional information, please contact Manager of Control Software, Ulrich Bjørn on tel. +45 25 36 40 43.
Please send you application as soon as possible as we will close the position when we find the right candidate.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 78 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 68 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,900 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.