Do you want to shape the future of green energy? Do you have a passion for working with software that controls machines? Are you motivated by having the technical overview of complex software projects?
Then you may be the right candidate for the position as Software Lead Engineer in the Control Software Department.
Power Solutions > Engineering > Control Engineering > Control Systems
We got ambitions to deliver more green energy thus; we are growing the Control Software department with new skilled engineers.
Control Software is part of Vestas Power Solutions and we are responsible for delivering application, framework and safety software solutions to ALL Vestas turbines.
As Software Engineer, you will be a part of this department and a key part of its successes.
As Software Lead Engineer, you will:
- Be engaged in the early stage feasibility studies of new products working together with other engineering disciplines like converter, electrical, hardware etc.
- Have the software ownership of part of the turbine systems e.g. ownership of drivetrain system software.
- Be responsible for defining the software requirements for the turbine.
- Implement and review software.
- Engage in root cause sessions to identify potential turbine performance issues.
- Be a strong contributor in the continuous improvement of our processes and tools.
- Master degree in relevant area.
- 0-7 years of working experience working with software.
- The ideal candidate has a passion for software and is a natural lead talent.
- You have great stakeholder management and interpersonal skills at both technical and non-technical level.
- You have excellent problem solving skills and possess the ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks.
- You are a resilient team player who is goal oriented and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- You are customer oriented, whether responding to support queries or developing new functionalities.
Moreover, it is essential that you have strong analytical skills and are detail-oriented, enabling you to deliver results. You are a team player, able to prioritize between multiple tasks and timelines in order to meet deadlines.
You have following technical qualifications:
- Experience with C/C++
- OO & State based software design
- Experience in the real time embedded systems machine control domain
- Experience with GIT, Jira, Stash is an advantage
- Knowledge of dynamical mechanical systems
- Hands-on experience with product or technology development
- Experience with SCRUM and Agile Development is an advantage
- Scrum Master experience is an advantage
What we offer
- We offer an opportunity to be part of a strong team consisting of +25 highly skilled and motivated software engineers situated in Denmark, India and Portugal.
- You will be part of a project-oriented organisation in an inspiring work environment with opportunities to grow and develop in the job – professionally and personally.
- We offer the possibility to work with unique products in a unique company and secondly, the career trajectory for this position is very good for the right person.
- Primary work location is Aarhus, Denmark and +10 days of travel activity.
- For additional information, please contact Ulrich Bjørn, Manager, Control Software at +45 25 36 40 43.
- Please send your application as soon as possible as we will close the position when we find the right candidate.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 82 GW of wind turbines in 76 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 71 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,800 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.