Do you want to be part of a global network architect team in one of the most dynamic and innovative companies in the renewal energy sector? We are looking for a Network Architect to the Connectivity organization in Global IT.
Global IT > User Productivity & Digital foundation > Connectivity
Global IT enable business units within Vestas Wind Systems A/S with IT services and offerings. With reference to the Group CFO, Global IT is responsible for everything from IT strategy, business engagement and requirements gathering to project implementations, infrastructure operations, service integration between vendors, and end user support.
User Productivity & Digital Foundation (UPDF) is the department in Global IT that designs and develops infrastructure services and ensures enhancements throughout the lifecycle.
Global IT has a vision to become a more business oriented IT function with high focus on value creation. For this vision to come true Vestas needs a stable and reliable network as a foundation for all other IT services. As a Network Architect in Connectivity you are responsible to develop and maintain a global network infrastructure together with a talented and dedicated team of network architects. The team defines strategies, roadmaps, portfolios and budgets to facilitate the continued development and modernization of the network infrastructure (WAN, LAN, WIFI etc.). Network operations is outsourced to an external partner.
Your main responsibility is to ensure Vestas can continue to be a frontrunner by enabling the business with the best possible network solutions to support the needs on all levels of the organization.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Design and document of Vestas’ global IT network solutions, with specific focus on the wireless installation based on Cisco reference design.
- Orchestrate implementation of solutions as a subject matter expert.
- Responsible for the portfolio of network offerings within your specific areas, towards the business with respect to performance, new developments, cost, support and maintainability.
- Responsible for network architecture & design to create optimal platform for business development and innovation.
- You have a BA. or Master degree in IT, Engineering or similar.
- Certification: CCNA Wireless, CCNP R/S.
- Minimum 3-10 years of engineering experience in Wireless and RF environment.
Technical knowledge within:
- Spectrum Analyzers
- Cisco Wireless Network Technologies
- Wired Network LAN/WAN/Riverbed
- Wireless Mesh, local mode and Flexconnect
- Network Analysers
- Cisco Prime
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol stack and services, Cisco IOS command line, Internetworking concepts and routing architecture, 802.11 concepts and architecture
- Technical insights into network solutions specifically and IT infrastructure in general
- Preferably experience with project management and Steering Commitee participation
- Business understanding and IT value drivers
- Corporate team player
- A naturally strong communicator and networker
- Reliable, service minded and result oriented
- Analytical, structured and methodological
- Proactive & self-driven
- Able to act in a cross cultural and global environment
- Strive in a dynamic environment
What we offer
We offer the opportunity to be part of the transformation of a network global infrastructure. You will interact broadly with IT, business units and outsourcing partners on a global scale. All in all, a unique platform for developing Vestas as a business and developing personally.
The job is based in Aarhus, Denmark.
For additional information on the position, please contact Director Kenth Hvam at +45 5221 1463.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 82 GW of wind turbines in 76 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 71 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,800 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.