IT Project Manager
Do you want to be part of a professional global IT organization where you are key in delivering business value to a successful growing global organization? Do you want to have the possibility to influence the different projects and the embedded processes? Have you simultaneously worked with many stakeholders who provide an added complexity? Can you work and interact with many other project managers, giving sparring and feedback?
Then you might be one of our new IT Project Managers in Vestas Global IT organisation.
Strategy, Governance & Portfolios > IT Portfolio & Project Office > IT Programme & Project Management
Global IT is the business area responsible for all IT within Vestas Wind Systems A/S with reference to the Group CFO. Strategy, Governance & Portfolios is supporting the CIO in leading, developing and controlling Vestas’ IT strategy, IT Financials, and IT portfolio and project execution. You will drive large programs or projects using your leadership skills.
You are an experienced Project Manager who can lead on- and offshore teams to successful implementation of IT-solutions for an international organization. As a strong leader, you fulfill the business needs within the agreed expectations.
Project management includes the following areas of responsibilities:
- Provide business value and enablers to our business units.
- Manage risk, resources, cost, scope and time within the frames agreed with the steering group.
- Budget responsible for the allocated project budget.
- Create a strong and motivated project team.
- Professional management of all stakeholders.
- Ensure efficient use steering groups.
- Contract negotiation and management for outsourcing partners and suppliers related to projects.
- Lead projects in compliance with the Prince2 inspired IT Governance and IT Project Execution model.
- Contribute to project management excellence.
Qualifications and work experience:
- Master degree in Technology or Business Administration.
- Certified in ITIL, Prince 2, PMI, IPMA and/or Agil/Scrom.
- At least 5 years of project management experience.
- Experience with agile project management.
- Experience from an international company with an outsourced IT environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English both orally and written.
The successful candidate is:
- Solution and result oriented.
- Strong leader who treat other with respect.
- Like to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to act in a global cross cultural environment.
Has strong experience within one or more of the below areas:
- Negotiation of outsourcing contracts, outsourcing transition and multi-vendor project delivery.
- Optimizing and run projects in a multivendor outsourcing setup.
- Projects related to continuous focus on improving the user experience of IT service.
- Infrastructure projects.
- SAP development and configuration within all SAP modules including on premises and cloud based solutions.
What we offer
A unique opportunity to make a difference by shaping the way IT helps create business value on a large scale. At the moment we experience rapid growth, challenges and changes in the business of delivering and servicing wind power plants. We give our leaders and employees an optimal framework to thrive and develop both professionally and personally. All tied together by a common culture that reflects our global mindset, which is characterized by accountability, collaboration and simplicity - and a unique willingness to reach ambitious goals.
Primary work location Aarhus, Denmark. Some travel must be expected.
For additional information please contact Senior Manager, Global IT, Michael Brendborg, +45 2333 7061.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 78 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 68 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,900 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.