Would you like to be a one of the key drivers in Vestas' Wind Power Plant Security initiatives? Are you up-to-date with the latest tech - and security trends and can you detect the potential threats before they become real? Do you get a kick out of designing and delivering modern, secure and maintainable IT solutions? And do you think you can create value for Vestas and our customers with your future solutions? Then you might be the right candidate for the position as Security Specialist at Vestas.
Plant Solutions > Plant Applications > Plant Infrastructure, Network & Security
Plant Solutions, part of Vestas R&D, is responsible for the products and services related to combining individual wind turbines into a wind power plant. This ranges across SCADA products, power plant security, electrical grid connection and compliance, advanced radar technologies for aviation warnings, wind turbine diagnostics and performance measurements.
Plant Applications is a sub department of Plant Solutions with 40 employees all located in Aarhus, Denmark. We are responsible for retrieving large amounts of data from wind power plants, storing the data and building data driven applications that bring value to both internal and external customers.
You will be one of the drivers in designing and maintaining the security strategy for our plant data infrastructure and supporting applications in Plant Applications and you will be providing consultancy services internally in Plant Solutions and to our stakeholders both internal and external.
Your responsibilities include:
- Specify and develop security standard solutions and offerings to costumers.
- Participate in reviewing customer requirements, where IT/ICS security elements are key.
- Participate in training and helping our organization to keep up to date with market standards within the IT and security area.
- Utilize processes, technology and people in your solutions.
- Work with internal and external software and infrastructure developers to ensure that our system solutions are bulletproof.
- Transform requirements from different stakeholders into generic solutions.
- Keep yourself and the department up-to-date on relevant technology and practices.
- Align with - and participate in development of technology roadmaps.
- A relevant IT education at Bachelor level (4 years) + minimum 2 years of hands-on experience working with IT security preferably from a software company or consultancy.
- You can demonstrate experience or formal knowledge within Security for Industrial Control Systems.
- You have a high level of drive and are able to challenge the existing norms while maintaining flow.
- You have the ability to prioritize your efforts and you are driven by results and can get things done.
- You will contribute to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect.
- You strive to foster collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals.
- Strong but generic knowledge on IT/ICS security, risk management.
- Knowledge about computer forensics analysis, ethical hacking, security testing etc.
- Basic knowledge on security standards ex. ISO/IEC 27000-series, IEC 62443.
- Knowledge about other security standards e.g. NERC/FERC, NIST 800-53 is not required but an advantage.
- Basic Programming skills - understanding how to build secure solutions.
- Knowledge of infrastructure components, networking, hardware security solutions.
- Knowledge of enterprise 1st and second level SCADA systems.
- Basic knowledge about SQL and data warehouses.
- Fluent in English (Writing and oral).
Certifications (desired, not required):
- CISSP [(ISC)2].
- Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP) [SANS].
What we offer
- We offer you an exciting possibility to attain responsibility for the security solutions behind our products, which are business critical to both our customers and to Vestas.
- You will have many interested and supportive parties across a large truly global organization, which have been consolidated and streamlined over the past few years.
- You will have excellent opportunities for cross disciplinary and personal development.
- The work environment is result orientated, at high professional level and with a strong technical commitment.
Work location is in Aarhus, Denmark, 5-10 travel days a year can be expected.
For additional information on the position, please contact Senior Specialist Teunis De Wit at +45 4040 1826.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 78 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 68 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,900 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.