Do you have experience with deployment activities which cover Q&A functions and Change & Release from an operational point of view? Do you want a job where you can improve the stability of operating services Global IT offers to Vestas? Do you want a job where you can influence the development of quality activities linked to Global IT at Vestas? Are you motivated by having a job which embraces improvement, openness towards new assignments, drive, and making an impact? If you can fulfil these requirements you might be the candidate which we are looking for.
Service Delivery & Integration > Operational Coordination > Oper. Deployment Coordination
As a part of IT Service Delivery & Integration, we support the business in getting a stable and controlled production environment in key areas. Our primary platform is SAP but we also work with other systems and technologies like Microsoft and Network. Other areas of responsibility within the team are Change Management, Configuration Management, Test Management and Tool & Process control. Besides delivering to high standards we focus on having a fun and challenging workday with good personal relationships.
- Support the further development of a standard ITIL setup where the aim is to gain better quality in the deployment activities.
- Engage with stakeholders in Operations, Verticals and Vendors on Change & Release/Deployment related improvements.
- Support the ongoing work with processes and policies on Change & Release in the multivendor landscape.
- Ensure processes for deployment are connected and aligned to other processes in GIT.
- Approve Changes in the ITSM tool as a concurrent task when needed to assist the Change Manager.
- Ensure good and reliable communication on release to stakeholders in GIT and business on HOT IT news and other communication channels.
- Take part in the CAB’s to ensure Release compliance to plan for changes.
- Work closely with the Change manager to improve ways of working.
- End point in ensuring that only the approved changes will be deployed in the release windows.
- Manage and improve communications on Change & Release activities towards stakeholders.
- Plan and control the actual work schedule for releases and align resources with vendors.
- Develop and conduct the Release Approval Board (RAB).
- Monitor the release as an on call escalation point.
- Education: Degree in IT and Business or similar education.
- Highly IT literate (IT drivers), and fluent in English oral and written.
- Strong understanding of the set of IT Services provided by a Global IT organisation.
- Strong understanding of the IT infrastructure technologies that supports and enables them (specifically OS, Applications, Network, Operational facilities and SAP-related infrastructure technologies).
- Experience with Change & Release management, either from working as a Release Manager or from a similar job.
- Experience with Vendor collaboration, Service Delivery Management, and ITIL Process Management.
- Collaborate and communicate with vendors, business stakeholders and SME's in GIT.
- Ability to drive and lead the release area with the goal in focus.
- Communicate with impact and respect and make yourself heard, understood and respected by suppliers and colleagues.
- Ability to communicate both up and downwards in the organization.
- High degree of flexibility in order to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- High quality standards and persistence in getting to the bottom of problems.
- Analytical, structured and methodological.
- Self-driven but also enjoy the benefits of working in a team.
- Challenge and ask questions to processes and surroundings.
- Reliable and with good interpersonal skills.
What we offer
We offer you a challenging job with excellent opportunities to develop both professionally and personally in a team of highly skilled and enthusiastic colleagues.
The primary work location is in Aarhus N, Denmark. There is no travel activity associated with this position. For additional information about the position please contact Manager of Operational Deployment Coordination, Thomas Wriedt on +45 4059 4313.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 78 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 68 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,900 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.