Objectives of the programme
The objective of UN City ICT team is to deliver cost effective, innovative and secure ICT services to the UN City, namely networks services, security, servers and storage, telephony and directory /application support services.
Description of duties
1. Planning and implementation of common ICT solutions for UN City:
- Defines technical requirements and formulates proposals for the design and delivery of UN City Unified Communication and Collaboration systems and services and other network solutions, including service provisioning, opportunities for synergies and process improvements, aiming at quality and cost effectiveness of UN City ICT services;
- Plans and coordinates implementation, maintenance and administration of shared UN City Unified Communication and collaboration infrastructure, network infrastructure and other ICT common services;
- Coordinates and assists with work between UN City ICT clients and UN City ICT outsourcing partners;
- Supports the procurement of ICT infrastructure and equipment and services by providing technical specifications and cost estimates as required;- Applies project management principles and methodology in the design and implementation of all infrastructure related projects.
2. Operational Support:
- Maintains the ICT infrastructure for common UN City systems, applies updates of network and Unified Communications components and ensures high availability of the network and connectivity;
- Utilizes monitoring analysis tools to measure the performance of common systems and applications and ensures optimal performance and integrity of all services;
- Provides requisite services to ensure a business continuity readiness for all applications and systems provided to UN City ensuring that failover and backup systems are fully operational;
- Liaises as delegated by supervisor with external suppliers and contractors to ensure the operational capacity of UN City network and unified communications systems;
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and acts on reported problems with infrastructure systems and escalates performance and availability issues to other teams within ICT, HQ, and externally where needed.
3. Support the development of technology roadmap and documentation for ICT Infrastructure:
- To review and evaluate new technologies, making recommendations for the installation of new solutions or for the enhancement of existing services;
- Maintains an inventory of solutions procured and installed;
- Maintains a test environment to implement pilot projects and testing of new technologies for the introduction of new services;
- Prepares detailed technical documentation, relevant end user documentation and drafts operational procedures;
- Maintains service catalogue in the scope of responsibility, develops and maintains documentation, drafts service level agreements and standard operational procedures.
Essential: Completion of secondary school or equivalent, supplemented with technical education or formal technical certification
Desirable: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent; ITIL and Project Management certification
Essential: 10 years of experience in implementation and management of ICT systems including:- Five years of working experience in CISCO based infrastructure management;- Two years of experience in Unified Communication and Collaboration solutions.
Desirable: Experience with VMware.Experience with UN organizations and / or multinational institutions.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: English (advanced knowledge)
Desirable: Danish (intermediate knowledge)
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at DKK 381,130 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.