Messaging Network Engineer
We’re looking for a new Messaging Network Engineer within our Delivery organization in Malmö Sweden. Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Configure, monitor and analyze network traffic through the SMSC/STP platform on a daily basis
- Drive/specify configuration of SMSC/STP platform and supporting tools internally and towards platform suppliers
- Maintain existing mobile network coverage by troubleshooting, log analysis, filtering of fraud/spam traffic etc.
- Extend existing reach by technical onboarding and provisioning of operators/carriers worldwide
- Be the communication interface towards our providers, mobile operators and signalling providers (IR.21).
- Handle escalations from support teams on technical issues affecting route performance and delivery of messaging traffic
- Maintaining documentation of workflows, procedures, processes, connectivity and make traffic/performance reports.
Qualifications and Skills
- Engineering degree or 2-4 years of experience from working with IT, mobile network infrastructures and message routing
- Analytical and familiar to work with standard statistical tools/methods (Excel, Six Sigma etc)
- Lead assignments and people from start to completion
- Understand SMPP/SS7/SIGTRAN basics, signalling provisioning and the different nodes in a mobile network and their functions (MSC, HLR, SMSC, STP)
- Make basic SQL scripts and database schemas
- Communicate clearly and with other departments
- Team player, curious and with a mindset of “I can do” rather than “they should do”
- Master the english language in speaking and writing for technical correspondence and reporting
- Willingness to travel internationally at least once every 6 months.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.