Senior Software Architect
Would you like to be the one of the master minds behind Vestas' bigdata strategy, which involves collecting and storing data from thousands and thousands of wind turbines? Do you keep up-to-date with the latest technology and get a kick out of designing modern and maintainable IT solutions? And are you passionate about creating value for Vestas and our customers from the vast amounts of data our wind turbines produce?
Then you should definitely consider applying for the position as Senior Software Architect at Vestas!
Power Solutions > Plant Solutions > Plant Applications > Data Integration
Plant Solutions is part of Vestas R&D and responsible for the products and services related to combining individual wind turbines into a wind power plant. This ranges across SCADA products, power plant security, electrical grid connection and compliance, advanced radar technologies for aviation warnings, wind turbine diagnostics and performance measurements.
Plant Applications is a sub department of Plant Solutions. We are 40+ employees located in Aarhus, Denmark and 40+ external contractors distributed on locations both in Denmark and internationally, who are responsible for retrieving large amounts of data from wind power plants, storing the data, and building data driven applications that bring value to both internal- and external customers.
We practice agile software development and you will be part of a SCRUM team that focuses on executing on Vestas' Service strategy.
You will be one of the drivers of designing and maintaining the data infrastructure supporting the applications in Plant Application, and providing integration solutions internally in Plant Solutions and with other internal and external stakeholders in both Vestas R&D and throughout the global organization.
- Take ownership of systems- and software architecture in the Data Integration department
- Design and implement systems with focus on 99.99 % uptime, maintainability and IT security
- Transform requirements from stakeholders into generic software solutions
- Deliver end-to-end cost-effective solutions, that add maximum value to our customers and to Vestas
- Keep yourself and the department up-to-date on relevant technology
- Align with - and participate in development of technology roadmaps
- A relevant IT education at Master level combined with approximately 5 years' experience working with software architecture in large applications/systems or similar
- You are fluent in verbal and written English
- You are driven by results and get things done
- You contribute to building a positive team spirit and will treat others with respect
- You strive to foster collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals
- You have the ability to balance your work between short term/urgent and longer term/not urgent
- You have a high level of drive and are able to challenge the existing norms while maintaining flow
- C#/.NET, C++, Python or similar
- MS Windows server, 24/7 service concepts
- Architecture patterns, design patterns
- Understanding of Big data transport, data streaming, data busses
- Continuous integration solutions with e.g. Git, Jenkins, Atlassian suite
- Basic knowledge about SQL and data warehouses
- Basic knowledge about web technologies, Angular, Typescript, Node.js
- Nice to know: Industrial communication protocols OPC, Modbus etc.
- Nice to know: Message bus technologies (Redis, Kafka)
What we offer
We offer an exciting possibility to take responsibility for the data behind core products, which are business critical to both our customers and to Vestas. You will have many interested and supportive colleagues across a large and truly global organization.
You will have excellent professional and personal development opportunities in a results-oriented environment with a high level of dedication and performance, and a strong technical commitment.
- Work location is in Aarhus, Denmark, 5-10 travel days a year should be expected.
- For additional information on the position, please contact Manager Lars M. Hansen at +45 52 15 75 85.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 82 GW of wind turbines in 76 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 71 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,800 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.