Are you ready for your next career step as software specialist where you will be the center for professional discussion in an agile and dedicated software team? Does it motivate you to be the architect of new or improved solutions and at the same time play a hands-on part in the implementation in a small and agile software team with interest in and influence on choice of solution technology?
If yes – then read on and see how you can make a difference as our new colleague in Software & Electronics Engineering in Vestas.
Controls & Generators > PEX Test > Software & Electronics Engineering
Software & Electronics Engineering is a sub department of PEX Test, a global function of Vestas Manufacturing, which develops test equipment for Vestas' production factories and has a high impact on production flow and quality. You will be the technical lead for the software team which consists of four engineers.
We develop and maintain test platform software to be used when testing products such as electronic panels, nacelles, converter systems, hubs and drive trains in serial production.
You will serve as the software team's main point of contact for Vestas R&D. You will be the architect of new test software in connection with new Vestas' product changes and updates to our in-house developed test suite. You will also develop hardware drivers for third part tools like sensors and measuring devices that plug into our test platforms.
Our closest colleagues are automation engineers and supporters who develop and maintain the test sequences. Our customers are Vestas factories globally.
Together with your software colleagues you ensure test data collection and extraction, e.g. for Vestas quality management and other stakeholders. The software specialist plays an active part in maintaining and improving existing software.
Your daily tasks will be:
- Participate and drive SCRUM meetings.
- Maintain and develop software for our test suite.
- Develop interfaces for 3rd party software and hardware components.
- Facilitate cooperation with Vestas R&D and serve as point of contact.
- Contribute to development of software roadmaps and interfaces to organization.
- Ensure collection and extraction of test data to be used in test reports, quality reports etc.
- Participate in third-level support within normal Danish working hours.
We are looking for an OO oriented software developer with analytical skills and the ability to take lead. We expect that you have at least a bachelor degree along with a minimum of 7-10 years professional experience with software development - maybe from the production or processing industry?
Moreover, we are looking for a candidate with the following competences:
- A minimum of 7-10 years hands-on experience with windows and server applications in C# and .Net is a must.
- SQL database experience is a must.
- General experience with communications protocols is a plus, e.g. TCP/IP, RS232, CAN, Modbus etc.
- Self-motivated team-player.
- Experience with end-users.
- Good presentation skills and verbal and written communication skills plus knowledge of how your communication impacts others.
- Company language is English.
What we offer
The company is international and the organization is large and has high ambitions, and yet we maintain a friendly and relaxed environment. We will support you from day one by providing you with a comprehensive introduction to Vestas, the job, in- and external stakeholders and your colleagues.
Your primary work location will be Vestas, Frankrigsvej 15, 8450 Hammel in Denmark. For further information about the position please contact Director for Software & Electronics Engineering, Peter Cassøe on tel. +45 4083 6001. We kindly encourage you to send your application as soon as possible because all incoming applications will be handled continuously.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 78 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 68 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,900 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.