System Application Specialist
If you have experience from implementing and managing IT WEB platforms and server applications - Here is a great opportunity to make a big difference.
For our regional IT Infrastructure department, we are looking for an experienced system application specialist. The department plays a crucial role for ALD Automotive's continued success. We are dedicated to mature, develop and streamline our IT infrastructure using the latest technologies.
About the job
In this newly created position, you will join a team of 5 colleagues, who have the responsibility of all ALD Automotive’s IT infrastructure throughout the Nordic and Baltic region.
Your key focus will be the implementation and operation of our new production back-office system based on IBM Websphere and MS SQL.
Secondary focus will be on administration, optimization and development of our current server applications platforms.
We offer you a challenging, qualifying and sometimes hectic job with a high degree of freedom and influence. We work with the principles of ITIL, with a focus on agile processes, and we continually strive to improve.
The job is located in our office in Taastrup with reference to the Regional Head of IT Infrastructure & Operations; and you can expect 10-20 days of travel activities per year, primarily within the Region.
Your tasks will include…
- Key participant in project implementation of new platform
- Daily system administration of server middleware - including MS IIS and IBM Websphere
- Monitor, optimize and secure operational stability
- Planning and execution of operational tasks
- Create and update documentation
- Optimisation of administration
- Planning and execution of the changes
- Troubleshooting and resolving operational problems
- Participating in technical project management and project tasks
We are looking for…
- Experience and proven results in server applications management in a MS server environment
- Extensive and broad knowledge within operation of server applications
- English & Danish fluent – orally and in writing
- Extensive experience in technical project management and project participation
- Academic degree within computer science
You have technical skills within…
- IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment
- MS Server features (IIS, System Center)
- MS Technologies (SharePoint, Azure, O365)
- Data Warehouse & BI in general
- MS Reporting Services and Crystal Reports
- Effective resolution of performance Java and .NET workloads
- Certifications on IBM Websphere and Microsoft applications are a plus.
Furthermore, operating experience with the following technologies will be an advantage: VMware vSphere, MS Server and MS SQL.
We also imagine that you…
- thrive at and can keep service at top level - also when things are hectic and multi-tasking is needed
- have the desire and curiosity to constantly develop yourself and your techniques/skills
- work structured and detail oriented and are good at documenting your work
- enjoy being part of a team, but can also deliver independently when needed
- can shift between projects- and operating tasks – and enjoy the variety this brings
An exciting position in an international organisation, where we have a high employee satisfaction and put actions behind ensuring this. As a new employee, you will get a thorough introduction to your work. You will also be assigned a "mentor", who will make sure that you get a good start in ALD Automotive. In addition, you get to be part of a strong knowledgeable team, which in Denmark holds 145 highly motivated colleagues; and in the Region no less than 275 highly motivated colleagues.
Besides a compensation package that matches the demands and expectations of the job, we also offer a number of "flexible benefits" as well as a number of employee benefits; among other 7 extra holidays, the opportunity to buy additional holidays, free on public holidays, fruit and lunch scheme, pension and insurance schemes and various social events.
Applications will be processed ongoing, and conversations will be held immediately after deadline. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible. 1. Interview will be held on June 22.
It is a condition of employment that you attach a clean criminal record with your application and CV.
We encourage everyone, regardless of gender, race or ethnicity, seeking the position advertised.
We are looking forward to hear from you.