DevOps and Linux System Administration Engineer
Are you passionate about Continous integration, building a deployment pipeline, enabling software developers to perform at their best by automating everything and creating a high performing Linux infrastructure then this opportunity is for you.
At Cobham SATCOM we have started our agile journey and we are building our DevOps capabilities; and an essential part of this is to be able to build a new Linux based infrastructure and continue to support the current setup at the same time. The person we are looking for, will be located our R&D department and be working closely with our Software developers as well as our IT department and will be part of a team of two supporting 80+ Software Developers.
This role is based in Lyngby, Copenhagen.
As a DevOps and Linux System Administration Engineer your experience should include some or all of the following:
- Experinence setting up a Continous Integration platform and working with software developers
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a software developer and Linux system administrator. Experience with administration of Linux-based systems
- Handling of bug in Linux/patche/Linux drivers
- Familiar with databases like Oracle, Apache webserver administration or installation
- Network communication in Linux
- Scripting and C-programming
- Software developing tools (eg. gcc, GNU Make, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Gerrit, Bugzilla, Twiki and ReviewBoard)
- RedHat Linux eventually RedHat Satellite Server
- Integration between existing AD/Windows and Linux environments
- Implementation of formal processes (ISO27000/ISO27001) and experience from a regulated industry is a great advantage
- An agile mindset is a must
It is important that you are used to working independently on tasks, and are comfortable to take initiatives on your own to improve and update the development environment. You should be able to “sell” the solutions to the colleagues in our R&D organization, so therefore you should be service-minded, have a can-do-attitude and be able to motivate your colleagues to do the right thing.
As a DevOps and Linux System Administration Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Operating our software development environment and ensure high uptime
- Managing users, network and rights
- Linux user support
- Responsible for projects related to the development of new function to our software tools
- Decide and install Linux patch/new versions
- Install servers in-house systems
- Support of our development around bugs in Linux/Linux patch
- Generating packages for software distribution via our RedHat Satellite Server
- Installation and configuration of databases and web servers
The position requires a broad knowledge and desire to work with Linux systems in many different configurations and setups. The workdays can be hectic with a mix of development and support, and you will get to work broadly with the engineers in the R&D department.
About Cobham SATCOM
Our satellite and radio communication terminals perform in the most challenging and remote environments on land, at sea and in the air. We design and manufacture these high performance products under the AVIATOR, EXPLORER, SAILOR and Sea Tel brands providing customers with outstanding performance, value and support through our global sales and service network.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.