R&D Business Partner delegate, Corporate Information Systems
Driven by research and a passion for science Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of innovative treatments that make a real difference in people’s lives all over the world. Active in the areas of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopedics, we develop medicine on the body's own terms. We believe in the power of people and research - and go where ideas and research take us.
Would you like to join us in a challenging position as R&D Business Partner in Corporate Information Systems?
This is a permanent position at Ferring International PharmaScience Center, located in Ørestad, Copenhagen.
Within the Corporate Information Systems (CIS) organization the CIS R&D Business Partner delegate is the pivotal role that coordinates the services supplied by the IS organization with the IS demand of the assigned business sub-domain(s). The role supports Senior Managers and VP’s in Business R&D Functions in identifying, assessing and prioritizing the digital capabilities required to succeed in achieving the functions business goals; leads the scoping and analysis as well as negotiates and influences the selection of the best strategic technologies to support the business goals; and identifies technological innovation opportunities and convinces Business Leaders of the potential outcome for their area.
More specifically, you will be in charge of the following responsibilities:
- Accountable for developing and implementing strategic domain IS road-maps and the related domain architectures
- Lead workshops and facilitates the gathering of high level business requirements of both unregulated and heavily regulated solutions and development of global functional ‘to be’ processes using industry proven methodologies in the scope of global IS analysis projects
- Responsible for the IT project portfolio for your area (time, scope, budget) that provide significant business outcome and be able to perform ROI analysis
- Accountable for managing business demand and ensures that the agreed demand is considered in capacity plans and budgets
- Create and analyze relevant information and develop recommendations that they present to senior management
- Ensure all high level business outcomes, process scope, solution scope, assessment of business risks and system dependencies are taken into account during the analysis phase of IS Projects
- Lead and contribute to reviews which assess how well IS solutions match actual needs and identify opportunities to further increase their functional value
- Collaborate with external and internal networks of experts/consultants and market research firms to understand rapidly IS solutions with the potential of meeting business objectives
- Follow up on management escalations and complaints
- Provide regular, meaningful and accurate reports to key stakeholders and to CIS management
- Collaborate with management to develop annual budgets for respective business areas
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, the information technology department, and outside vendors
- Knowledge provider of existing Ferring IS solutions across sites including landscape and business domains, fit & gap, interconnections
- Drive vendor selection and negotiation processes in collaboration with IT, Purchasing and Legal
Our preferred candidate has a University degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Life Science or Computer science and +5 years’ experience in documenting complex cross-functional Pharma R&D processes, eliciting high level business requirements and developing complex business cases. Experience of GXP regulated work within the Pharmaceutical Industry (GXP/GMP, FDA 21 CFR part 11). At least 5 years of experience delivering and/or managing IT business solutions.
We imagine that you have:
- Excellent facilitation and negotiation skills both at senior and middle management levels
- A strong sense of innovation and creativity
- Business acumen of relevant R&D areas. Previous positions as business analyst or proven track record of business solution implementations within Pharma R&D is an asset
- Strong negotiation and convincing skills allowing to build alliances and achieve progress without hierarchical power
- Experience in developing and maintaining a recognized partnership between CIS and business
- Capacity to explores solutions by using prototyping approaches to clarify business needs and available solutions choices
- Experience in leading inter-organization change to increase efficiency through implementation of technology
- Relevant work experience in an international environment, including leading teams across multiple locations
- Excellent skills in mapping business processes
As a person you have:
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills; fast learner in unknown territory, at ease with ambiguity and conflicts of interest
- Ability to communicate effectively both at strategic and operational levels
- Dynamic, proactive and excellent team player
- Autonomous, result oriented and self-motivated
- Strong communication skills in English, both spoken and written. Danish is a plus for this position.
For additional information, please contact Director CIS R&D & Central Functions Francois Midili on +41 583010797. Send your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than 30 June 2017 as we will review incoming applications on an ongoing basis.