Software Tools Developer
Would you like to improve the efficiency of 20 highly skilled control engineers? Do you have a software background and a passion for software tools development? Do you want to be part of a small and dedicated software team? Are you motivated by being close to your (internal) customers and seeing the impact of your work? Then we may have the perfect position for you!
For our Loads and Control department in Technology, we are looking for a Software Tools Developer to strengthen the Turbine Control team. With the high level aim of minimizing the cost of energy produced by our wind turbines, the team is responsible for the development of wind turbine controllers and control features. You will play a key role in the development of the related tool chain ensuring that wind turbine control solutions can be integrated into our product platforms efficiently and with the right level of quality.
In this position you will get a unique opportunity to influence our tools strategy. You will be close to your customers and you will see immediate results of your work.
What are my responsibilities?
- Tools supporting Control Engineers in the development and optimization of wind turbine control software
- Tools supporting Simulink Based Controller Design deployment – both towards simulation environment and hardware platform
- Automized build and test procedures
- Quality-analysis tools and data-dashboarding
- Parameter database and database interfacing tools
- Documentation framework
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You hold a software, computer-science, or electrical engineering degree
- You are an experienced Matlab/Simulink, C#, Perl, Python and LaTeX programmer, and you have knowledge about either relational databases, e.g. SQL or document stores, e.g. XML and JSON
- You understand repeatable design-strategies and design-patterns which enable specific qualities (e.g. adaptability, scalability, reusability, etc.)
- You have experience with distributed revision control e.g. Mercurial or Git, as well as agile development tools e.g. Jira
- You have experience with continuous-integration pipelines, e.g. GitLab, Jenkins, & Artifactory
- Preferably you have experience with control systems development or physical systems modeling
- You are proactive and structured and you have a holistic mind-set and strong analytical skills
- You are outgoing and have a result-orientated approach to your work and are capable of keeping a sense of perspective during hectic situations
- You thrive in an international and complex organization
- You have excellent English skills both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7.500 employees out of a global staff of more than 27.000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
Apply online in English for the job via "Apply now". Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Sune Baun Christensen via phone +45 3037 6832.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.