Senior User Experience Designer
Milestone Systems is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer, who has a track record of designing powerful, intuitive and compelling software tools and services. Are you excited by designing tools and services for a wide set of user types including control room operators, patrolling guards, shop owners and IT administrators, then this is your big chance.
As our new Senior User Experience Designer, you will work proactively with product owners, solution architects, developers and other disciplines to help understand and meet customer needs. In close collaboration with the rest of our international UX team, your work will touch all aspects of user experience design from early task analysis, scenario specification, conceptualizing, wire framing, prototyping, visual design to final fit-and-finish reviews. Your main tasks include:
- Ensure design challenges and goals are clearly defined and actionable
- Analyze user data findings and communicate the findings to impact design and functionality decisions
- Create and prioritize end-user scenarios based on user data
- Develop concepts, wireframes and prototypes and iterate the designs based on available data
- Deliver final interaction and visual design that meets user needs and is compliant with existing UX guidelines
- Document new design patterns as part of the companywide UX guidelines
- Perform UX reviews of other’s designs
You have 6 to 8 years of experience working with UX and user-centered design in a software company. Please include your design portfolio with your application for review.
- Relevant higher education within IT or design
- 6+ years of experience designing for Windows and other platforms (web, tablet, mobile)
- Extensive hands-on experience with prototyping tools
- Visual design skills and hands-on experience working with Adobe Photoshop
- Familiar with fundamental user-centered design methods
- Experience with influencing product road map and strategy based on customer insights
- Experience with creating UX guidelines and documenting design patterns
- Experience with agile UX and development methods
- Fluency in English (orally and in writing)
Nice to have:
Experience with identifying data gaps and utilize research methodologies like customer site visits, user surveys, design reviews and usability tests to close the gaps
Overall, we are looking for a team player with energy, humor, and creativity that shares our passion for customers and what brilliant design and technology can do for them. You know the importance of understanding the needs before developing the solution and you know how to communicate this insight to stakeholders. You know the difference between useful and usable and you know what it takes to make a product desirable.
In particular, you:
- Are passionate about great user-centered design
- Have a talent and a passion for technology
- Take ownership, are responsible and quality-oriented
- Take pride in your own deliveries, but even more so in the outcome of your team
- Have a positive mindset and can share insight and knowledge with other disciplines
- Are committed and independent with excellent collaboration skills
You will be part of the cross-site User Experience Team at Milestone Systems. The team is responsible for UX research and design of Milestone Systems’ products and services for Windows, Android, IOS and the Web. Milestone Systems has development sites in Copenhagen (DK) and Sofia (BG). You will be working in the Milestone Headquarters in Copenhagen and your primary focus will be design of products and services for Windows and the Web.
Milestone is a great place to work
We offer an exciting and challenging job in the leading VMS company. You will be part of a team of professional, talented colleagues and you will have the opportunity to shape your job role. As a Milestone employee, you are the source to our success and you will be part of an international dynamic organization in rapid growth.
We are a young organization that prioritizes a good social environment and the welfare of our employees highly. We cherish an informal tone where the door to management is always open.
The future is up to you
If you want to take on this exciting challenge and be a part of a fast growing technology company, submit application and include your CV in English and your design portfolio before August 13, where we are back from vacation and will start the screening process.
For more information, please contact Hans Roed Mark, Head of Product Design at +45 25 606 735, or visit our website: www.milestonesys.com.
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.