Business Application Manager
Strong experience with Business Applications and Leadership - and solid technical insight!
- You know how to define the structure of an Application Landscape; aligning it to the Business Strategy
- You fully understand the need for scalability; being in a growth company
- You dare make the decision: Best of Breed application strategy or Suite solution?
Milestone is a fast-growing international company with passionate and dedicated employees. With 13 offices around the world and headquarters in Denmark, Milestone is rapidly expanding and we see a growing need for scalable Business Applications.
We are now seeking an experienced Business Application Manager to head up our newly established IT Business Application team. You will manage a team of 7+ highly skilled IT professionals and report to the VP of IT and Operations.
The bar is set high – this is a multifaceted position
What we need you to do, is transferring Business requirements to IT supported actions for alignment of processes and increase performance; as simple as that.
On top of that you need to be a strong Leader with the ability to develop employees and secure smooth stakeholder management and value adding facilitation of decision-making processes. Some of the tasks could look like this:
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Help to identify operational inefficiencies, conflicting business practices and integration issues.
- Increases the value IT provides, including the definition and refinement of business processes, and leveraging technology where appropriate to improve operations.
- Ensures projects are delivered using best practices and with strong alignment to business needs.
- Lead all aspects of the project lifecycle, from conception, to project definition, initial kickoff, requirements analysis and design, through testing and implementation.
- Consult, advise and challenge leadership on processes and performance opportunities regarding growth, customer interaction, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Identify key opportunities and gaps in core business processes and technology solution and build business cases for further investments.
- Manage a team of IT resources, contractors and third-party vendors.
- Provide day-to-day troubleshooting.
- Plan, design and test Disaster Recovery Procedure for Business Application Systems to support business continuity, minimize risk and lost when needed.
What it takes to join the team
“I’ve done it before – I can do it again” should be your initial reflection after reading the job description.
We are looking for someone with minimum 5 years leading IT in managerial, project management or process improvement roles with extensive experience in translating business requirements into practical solutions.
Technically; experience with Dynamics NAV, Salesforce, HR solutions (e.g. SAP or Oracle), consolidation solution (e.g. Hyperion), Data Warehouse solution (Power BI, MS SQL) is an advantage as well as experience with data integration services and SOA terminologies.
You have demonstrated success at leading solutions that solve business problems; ability to influence the opinions and approach of business and IT team members and ability to educate and guide others on architectural standards, principles, methodology, and trends.
A strong business acumen, technical knowledge and proven record of success within a rapidly growing fast-paced environment is required as well as the ability to leverage technology trends and best practices.
You are experienced managing teams of full-time staff and contractors.
Excellent written, oral and presentation skills to interface with business partners and the IT community.
What we offer
You will be part of an innovative and dynamic company in rapid growth, where our employees are the source of our success.
Milestone is a young organization where employee job satisfaction and a good social atmosphere is a priority. We have a very active personnel club with a range of different events, a sports club, an in-house masseur, a reflexologist and an all-inclusive canteen.
Get in touch to become our new colleague
If you want to take on this exciting challenge, please submit your CV in English.
Be prepared for a thorough recruitment process, where we make sure that you have the right level of competencies and aim to secure that you will be able to thrive in our culture.
For more information, please contact VP Global IT Kim Jørgensen at +45 4064 7577 or visit our website: www.milestonesys.com.