Software Developer - Configit Build
We are looking for software developers for Configit Build - an application for visual solution configuration of highly customizable products
What you will do
You will be developing on Configit Build, a Java-based platform that lets users model their products, and create custom CPQ (configure, price, and quote) applications based on those models.
The Build product and solutions consist of an authoring environment in Studio and a user-side CPQ in the Configurator. Build is based on Java and you will be working with technologies like Eclipse, EMF, Git, and Maven.
Your tasks range from implementing advanced algorithms, to developing architecturally extensible, scalable, and maintainable software. In addition to creating new features and improving existing ones, you will also help integrate Build into our new, upcoming cloud platform.
Overall, most of your work consists of developing new features, further development of existing features, and bug fixing/maintenance.
- Develop new interaction features
- Update and optimize the Configurator’s state engine
- Write unit tests and model tests
- Work with the QA and UX functions to ensure we deliver high quality, robust software
- Do code reviews in the team
- Participate in developing processes and coding standards
- Refactor existing code
Configit’s products and solutions are complex systems for large enterprises. We don’t expect you to know our product or business areas in depth from the beginning, and you will receive the training necessary to bring you up to speed.
What you bring
- A Master’s degree in Software Development, Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or similar
- Experience developing software in Java
- Experience working with technologies like Eclipse, EMF, Git, and Maven is an advantage
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies like Scrum
- Knowledge of common design patterns
- Ability to dive into and work on a large and complex codebase
- Good English communication skills (written and verbal)
About Configit Build
Build is a platform that lets you model highly customizable products, define how they relate in a solution, and configure them in a visual environment. End users like sales representatives use Build to offer customized solutions to meet their clients’ needs. For example, to configure networks of heating or current components, or to determine the number of production lines needed to facilitate a certain capacity flow level.
The Studio team works on our authoring environment for declarative modeling of a full configurator application containing the formal rule description, structure, visualization, and modeling of the end UI of the configurator. The Studio team makes it easy and efficient to author and model complex and large configuration solutions, by making intuitive and intelligent tooling for the expert modelers.
The Configurator team works on the configurator engine - the consumer of the model description from Studio. Configurator has the right building blocks of functionality to create end system configuration solutions. It is a complex, modularized application that handles 2D visualization, rule resolution, data export and UI.
What we offer
- Our products redefine the way enterprises solve challenging configuration problems
- We believe in a healthy work-life balance, a trademark of the Danish culture
- We work closely together across all disciplines
- We believe in knowledge sharing
- We provide funding for your continued learning
- We socialize together, with clubs for lovers of sports, board games, music and more
How to apply
Please send your application (in English) using the "Apply online"-button below. Here you can upload your Résumé, Cover Letter and other documents (diploma, recommendations, portfolio etc.)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Christian Sundahl Møller
+45 70 226 700
Application due: 8/25/2017.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Configit is an international software vendor. Configit develops and sells CPQ and product configuration software based on the most advanced configuration technology in the market. Our configurators are used for exploring the variance in product development, as sales configurators, and for maintenance, service and overhaul of complex configurable products, such as automotive, windmills and industrial machines.
Configit’s core technology is based on research in formal verification and constraint solving. All Configit products are based on the patented configuration technology Virtual Tabulation™.
Configit customers include ABB, Jaguar Land Rover, John Deere, Grundfos, Vestas, Siemens, Danfoss amongst others. Please visit our website www.configit.com for further information.