Senior Frontend Engineer, Nordea Markets
Eager to be part of creating our next success by building a first class foreign currency trading application?
The position we offer
Nordea e-Markets is a trading platform responsible for thousands of foreign currency trades, every day, all year. Billions of euros move through this system, enabling businesses to trade with foreign partners all over the world. We are building the new generation of the trading platform. This will be the third generation, mobile enabled, fully responsive and using the latest frontend and backend technologies.
We believe in autonomy, self-managed core teams and modern tools. Our developers have high influence on the decisions about the tools and the stack we use. We believe the right developers make the platform grow and live. We want a high quality scalable solution that turns complex workflows into suitable straight forward user journeys for our customers.
We are adding exciting new features and at the same time we are transforming a large and mature code base from AngularJS with ES5 to Angular 2+ with TypeScript and ES6. To ensure a smooth transition to Angular 2+ we of course have high focus on our work with unit tests and e2e tests.
You will join the e-Markets Trading & Advisory team, part of Nordea Markets. You are going to be a key member of our agile cross-functional team of talented and very technically skilled people, currently consisting of both frontend, backend, and business developers. This team is one of three co-operating closely on the e-Markets web application, and you will work as part of a bigger frontend community.
We will teach you about trading, just bring you curiosity. Any previous experience with trading foreign currency is a plus. It goes without saying that we work with modern technologies and tools – but we also prioritize a learning culture and having fun in our daily work. In September we will move into a new office space in DR Byen.
The qualifications you need
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- 3 years’ experience in developing large scale applications.
- You have a Computer Science or equivalent degree, if you are self-taught you must have a proven track record of using data structures and algorithms to optimize for computational performance.
- Advantage if you have previous experience training and mentoring more junior colleagues.
- Goal oriented with a proven track record of meeting goals and deliveries.
- You will be liaising with other developers in e-Markets as well as e-Markets colleagues involved in concept development, so we are looking for someone who enjoys co-creation.
- English is our work language and the language used on our platform, so you must be fluent in English, verbal as well as written.
Learn more about the e-Markets platform here, https://nordeamarkets.com/what-we-do/e-markets/.
More information and send application
For more information about the position, please contact Team Lead of Trading & Advisory, Britt Rifbjerg, firstname.lastname@example.org or Technical Lead of Trading & Advisory, Vincens Riber Mink, email@example.com.
Please submit your application, including cover letter, CV and other relevant documents no later than 13 August 2017 by using our online application form.