Exciting business intelligence journey
DFDS is currently modernizing our business intelligence platform to bring even more actionable insights and facts to our business to ensure that we continue our successful journey. To execute on this we are now looking for a “playing coach” to lead and motivate an experienced team. In this role you will still be participating in project deliveries and at the same time manage the team to successful implementation. So in short this is a unique opportunity to combine your professional skills with people management.
The role is placed at our headquarters in Nordhavn (Copenhagen).
Our BI platform is primarily based on the Microsoft (SQL 2016, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS) and Tableau.
- Lead a team of 5 highly qualified BI Developers situated in Denmark and Holland
- Provide the platform to ensure data-driven decisions are taken throughout the entire organization
- Partner with stakeholders to understand business objectives, data and reporting requirements and translate them into KPI´s, and design and develop a first class Enterprise Performance Management platform
Manage and continuously improve the technical platform (our BI platform is primarily based on the Microsoft (SQL 2016, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS), SAP BPC and Tableau).
- Degree in Data Science, Finance or other quantitative fields
- Team lead experience within BI or Senior BI Developer where the next natural step is leading a team
- You have a strong technical profile and wants to maintain your knowledge by participating in actual project deliveries in close cooperation with your team
- Strong ability to understand complex data structures and the transformation of data from the source systems into the BI environments (ETL)
- You have exceptional SQL programming skills and experience with SSIS/SSAS and Master Data Services
- You enjoy working in an agile and dynamic environment
- Fluent proficiency in English is a requirement
Why work for DFDS?
Our BI and Analytics department is a part of the digital organization and you will report to the head of the department. At DFDS, we believe that digital technologies and the pace of their adoption are key driving forces in changing the ways that businesses work. Hence, both BI and Analytics are strategic important tools in the continued journey and success for DFDS. This position gives you a possibility to be part of a strategic important department with the empowerment to influence the way business work and offers you an excellent opportunity to further build on your technical capabilities and people management skills. We can offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth and you will have the opportunity to build relationship with stakeholders across the group.
Please submit your CV and application in English by clicking "Apply online" no later than August 14th 2017 and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. All applications will be treated confidentially.
If you have questions regarding the position please forward a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, Lars Holmquist Head of BI & Analytics and he will respond by either e-mail or phone on his return from annual leave.