Project Manager for Hardware
- A combined project manager and product owner of our hardware business line.
This is your opportunity to join our awesome hardware business as Project Manager. The Milestone hardware, called the Husky line, is a cornerstone area within the Milestone strategy to ensure the future success of Milestones surveillance technology and maintain the role as being the #1 VMS (Video Management Software) provider.
The R&D department is working with a fast-paced agile process in the software feature teams, which is a model we are adopting to and aligning with in the hardware team. The hardware products are based on a Milestone hardware platform from which a number of products are defined and developed. Your main responsibility is to manage the definition and be responsible for the development of these products.
You will oversee the product project in your capacity as the product owner within our hardware area to further support our successful software business. Through leadership, a technical interest and strong project management, you will work cross-functionally within the hardware organization with both external and internal interfaces.
In short, your responsibilities are to:
- Manage the project budget and manage your project resources within your given budget
- Drive and motivate a cross functional project organization and a development partner
- Be responsible for the product design in terms of manufacturing and reparability
- Be responsible for delivering a new product within the right time, right specification, and right price to the market
- Responsible for doing maintenance projects of the product during the product life time, including facelifts and mid-life kicks
- Be the interface to the Product Management to define requirements of the product
- Be a professional sound board to your team members to ensure the optimum technical solution
- Be a true team player within the hardware team
Join the team and make an impact in growing our hardware business line
The hardware team is named the Appliance team as the products they are working with are devices to further strengthen the #1 Milestone VMS software. The team must ensure that the products and process are in place in order for the field and support organization to sell and support the manufactured products.
In this role, you will be working in parallel with the Senior Project Manager who is the Product Owner for the hardware platform. Further in the team, a variety of specialist competences is present within software development, hardware development, supply chain management, quality management, product compliance and sourcing commodity management.
As we focus on growing this business line, you will have the responsibility to manage value engineering in the development phase and to maximize the market requirement fulfillment in balance with the technical and financial limitations to meet our business targets. That means using your ability to balance between technology requirements, quality targets, cost targets and supply chain requirements.
You will be managing different kinds of projects. At times, it will be internal operational development projects, and sometimes supply chain.
A Project Manager knowing how to manage value engineering in the development phase
In order to succeed in this job, we would like you to have:
- Master’s Degree within Computer Science or Engineering
- Min. 2 years of experience with project management or product ownership and preferable certified Prince2, IPMA etc.
- Experience with the electronic devices or computer industry
- Ability to manage value engineering in the development phase to maximize the market requirement fulfillment
- Highly self-motivated
- Creative problem solving skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Cultural awareness – especially Asian, European and American
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English
Beside these requirements, it would be a plus if you have experiences with/from:
- Working with outsourced development and outsourced manufacturing
- Working with suppliers in Asia
- Agile development
- The surveillance industry
- The computer or electronics industry
Milestone is a great place to work
We offer an exciting and challenging job in the leading VMS company. You will be part of a team of professional, talented colleagues and you will have the opportunity to shape your job role. As a Milestone employee, you are the source to our success and you will be part of an international dynamic organization in rapid growth.
We are a young organization that prioritizes a good social environment and the welfare of our employees highly. We cherish an informal tone where the door to management is always open.
For more information, please visit our web site: www.milestonesys.com.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV written in English.
All candidates must be eligible to work in Denmark in order to be considered.
If you have any questions for the position, please contact Director of Appliance, Per-Olof Bergkvist at telephone +45 88 300 313.
Deadline date: 8/31/2017.