Lead Software Engineer
SciEngines aspires to be a company that reflects todays demands in high performance computing and it-security in a globally diverse world. We believe diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to better products and allows talents to work in a satisfying environment.
SciEngines' software engineers develop the next-generation high performance it-security applications. Our products need to handle computational problems at massively parallel scale. We're looking for flexible minds and engineers willing to introduce fresh ideas in various areas, including cryptanalysis, information acquisition, network and distributed computing, large-scale system design, security.
The position requires the candidate to possess strong closure orientation and multi-tasking abilities to lead a small engineering team while contributing technically.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost, risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions. Translates customer requirements into software specifications. Customer discussions regarding system designs, requirements and test results.
As a leader of a team of software engineer and developers, you will work on a specific project critical to SciEngines’ needs with opportunities to grow and evolve. If you are versatile, display leadership qualities and enthusiasm, we will push technology forward together.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Project Planning and Management
- Work collaboratively to define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organise and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Team Management
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organisational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Product Owner Support
- Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Process Management and Improvement
- Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion on going process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Team building
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools.
- Experience working with two or more from the following:
- Unix/Linux environments
- Application development (UI and backend)
- Large scale software projects
- It-security software
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
Additional knowledge & skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.