Chief Technical Officer
Product, Processes and People oriented.
Umbraco, the world’s largest .Net CMS is growing. We need more hands, heads and feet to continue our growth as a software product, as a company and as a community right here at Umbraco HQ in Odense. Our current CTO wants to do more coding himself, hence the position is open.
The CTO will be the head of the Umbraco HQ development team in Odense and work together with executive management to grow the product, the company and the community by managing technical operations, product management and development.
Using an active and practical approach, the CTO will direct the department to reach established goals.
As we continue to grow as a product, as a company and as community we need a person who:
- Is a take charge and friendly kind of person.
- Has strong leadership skills.
- Eats roadmaps, backlogs, investment mix, operations, release management etc. for breakfast.
- Is able to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Is able to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Has strong writing and presentation skills in English.
- Has a strong service orientated mindset.
- Will be part of the daily rutine at Umbraco HQ in Odense.
Responsibilities and duties
You will be responsible for:
- The company's product and technology department.
- Be part of the company's senior leadership team.
- Responsible for development and technical operations as well as with founder formulate and maintenance of the product’s vision, product strategy and product management.
- Lead the department and ensure appropriate staffing at all levels.
- Institute agile processes within the department as well as in the interface with the rest of the organization.
- Manage external suppliers/contributors including hosting.
- Ensure right tools, methods and technologies.
- Formulate and execute a quality charter to ensure high quality products and services.
- Present the product strategy to audiences at all levels including sales situations.
- Help form and manage the department budget.
- Work with others to ensure company wide/community wide understanding and alignment around common goals.
- Build a department culture that foster high performance teamwork.
- Employment in a highly dynamic and informal organization focused on growth.
- An attractive compensation and benefits package including relevant incentive program.
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or to HHM International ApS, Hopballevej 7, DK-7300 Jelling, Denmark. Any questions in reference to the position may be directed to Flemming Jensen at telephone +45 75 87 28 11.
You will improve your chances significantly by reading about Umbraco on our different medias and by taking a free trial of Umbraco Cloud so you get a feel for both us as a company and our products/services.
Umbraco A/S is a Danish company with headquarter in Odense. The company was founded in 2005 and employs more than 30 employees.
We support more than 425,000 sites worldwide. And we are hungry for more. In addition, Umbraco is the friendliest CMS in the world and we probably have the toughest and most committed community, you could ask for. Find more about us at www.umbraco.com.