Senior Engineer, Development
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!
The Senior Engineer, Development is responsible for development tasks like coding and debugging of complex scope using standard concepts and principles. S/he works as a fully contributing team member, under broad guidance. S/he should be able to apply own judgment and independently determine a course of action to execute it, post review. S/he is responsible for coaching, guiding and mentoring junior members in the team to help them scale up faster.
We seek a dedicated and motivated software engineer looking for the opportunity to grow his or her skills and experience. You will be part of a highly skilled team focused on our iWMS product. The solution architecture includes a variety of technologies including a core .NET application server running against an Oracle database, business logic built in PL/SQL, a .NET-based smart client user interface, wireless handheld and truck-mounted .NET client-server framework, .NET/Crystal Reports output management solution and server components for voice-directed picking.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Creates high level and low level design for a given set of functional requirements as a marketable feature or a set of use cases.
- Implements (coding) functional requirements with good quality according to best coding practices.
- Mentors other members in the team in terms of technical skills, methodology and product knowledge.
- Has good command in technology of the primary product (iWMS).
- Assists colleagues with design reviews, code reviews, implementation and information about existing implementations.
- Is expert in one or more modules of the product.
- Has good understanding of core modules of secondary product.
- Performs unit testing and fixes customer problems (bugs) independently with little or no guidance from others.
- Works with QA, doc and product owners in the Agile team cohesively to deliver product releases efficiently.
- Follows the development process, agile methodology and Software Development Lifecycle (design, coding, testing, maintenance).
Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 1 year and a Master’s degree; or equivalent work experience. Typical range is 2-5 years.
Experience from enterprise-level application development. Good knowledge of SDLC, operating systems (Unix, Windows), algorithms and data structures. Working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming Systems and databases (especially valuable is PL/SQL, .Net/C#, and Oracle database).
Thorough understanding of integration concepts and formats, like SOAP/WebServices, IIS, XML/XSL, EDI, complex SQL statements etc. Experience from working with Scrum/other agile methodology, with Visual Studio, and with version control tools like TFS, GIT or similar.
Awareness of any web and mobile application frameworks is an advantage. Domain knowledge in Supply Chain Management or Warehouse Management is an advantage.
Skills and abilities
Critical thinking and problem solving, good team player, excellent written and spoken communication skills, mentoring and coaching, intercultural skills, ability to work with global teams at different time zones.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean is a leading global provider of industry-focused mission critical enterprise software solutions. Our solutions help nearly 6,500 organizations stay at the forefront of their industries by satisfying their customers and continuing to operate more efficiently. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Aptean has offices in North America, Europe, and India, as well as an extensive Partner Channel. Our customers are located in 74 countries across Europe, Latin America, and North America.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.