Engineering Manager (Team lead) - For New Feature Team
Are you our new Engineering Manager heading up a new team? This is your opportunity to make your mark, and shape the beginning for this new team.
Misson of the new team: Ensure a good lifecycle experience
The First Experience team is primarily focusing on providing a good lifecycle experience including installation and upgrade, but also creating the improving backend functionality, and enabling easy management of the entire solution. The team will consist of 8 people working in sprints, delivering customer value every sprint.
Together with the other development teams, the First Experience team will contribute features for our advanced VMS (Video Management Software). In our scrum teams, all team members are expected to join forces, giving their best to deliver high quality software. As a manager of the team, you will lead your people and secure the team’s deliverables in the full development cycle from design, development and testing. You will be reporting to the Director of Engineering in Copenhagen.
We need you to:
- Care about growing the professional competencies of your team
- Embrace diversity and deliver through others utilizing their potential
- Plan, estimate and deliver together with the rest of the agile scrum team
- Promote design, code, unit test and document best practices
- Respond to customer input and evaluate risk and cost of bug fixes
An experienced technical leader
We expect you to have a B.Sc. in Software Engineering or Computer Science and preferably a M.Sc. You have at least 5 years’ experience with leading technical teams, and you are fluent in written and spoken English. Furthermore, we expect you to have experience with:
- C#, C++, Java programing
- Developing software for on premise deployment in a windows environment
- Version Control (Team Foundation Server preferred)
- Installer technologies (Dockers, Containers, Wix, Installshield)
- Releasing software that is released in various languages
- Understanding of OEM’ing principles
It’s a plus if you have:
- Worked in a scrum setting or at least are familiar with ideas and mindset of working agile and in a scrum environment
- Experience with manual and automated test
- Experience with high performance computing
Milestone Systems is a great place to work
We offer an exciting and challenging job at the leading provider of open platform video management software. You will be part of a team of professional, talented colleagues with the opportunity to shape your job role. As a Milestone employee, you are the source to our success and you will be part of an international dynamic organization in rapid growth.
We are a young organization that prioritizes a good social environment and the welfare of our employees highly. We cherish an informal tone where the door to management is always open.
The future is up to you
If you want to take on this exciting challenge and become a part of our fast-growing technology company, submit your application incl. CV in English. Apply now and become part of the interviews that we conduct on an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions for the position, please contact Director of Engineering, Mogens Abel-Bache +45 50 84 29 64 or visit our website.
The future is up to you!
Deadline date: 9/30/2017.