Output Management Platform Architect
Maersk Line IT is in the process of building up a Software Development Services organisation.
Software Development will embrace the full software life cycle, including Architecture, Governance, Development, Test, Build and Deployment.
As part of the digitisation of Maersk an off-the-shelf product for customer Output Managements – an Output Management engine delivered by Lexmark – has been implemented closely integrated in our SOA setup.
We are currently looking for an Output Management engine architect with strong skills in various technical aspects of the Output Management tools from the market combined with good leading and mentoring skills – of course specific knowledge about the Lexmark tool is preferred but product training will be supplied if needed.
The role will involve;
- Describe the future for Output Management platform architecture needed to continuously support the digitisation of the company and simplifying our technical setup.
- Bringing an industry wide, deep technical experience of a highly available architecture used for event based Output Managements and best practice integration to supporting components and API’s.
- Working together with other specialists defining technical standards and establishing an Output Management solution design for future usage of Output Managements.
- Provide technical guidance and sparring with development teams to ensure adherence to industry best practice and quality assurance is maintained throughout the development lifecycle.
- Working with project stakeholders and solution architects to understand requirements and ensure appropriate Output Management platform for the expected solutions.
- Work with project team members to develop high-quality technical solutions and deliverables.
- Collaborate with governance team members to ensure people and solutions work together to achieve organizational objectives.
- Developing Output Management enterprise platform, be a technical platform mentor and sparring partner for solution architects.
- Provide platform roadmap overviews.
- Be technical lead for major platform projects.
- Ensure the future platform focusing on stability, performance and availability.
- Understand the business and customer needs to introduce technical solutions that meet or exceed needs.
- Take ownership and responsibility of implemented solutions.
- Participate in the architectural review and approval of application designs and technology selections for projects.
- Understand and contribute to Enterprise IT strategies; adhere to compliance regulations and development guidelines.
- Contribute to middle-ware governance based on best practices and ensure proper alignment to business and major initiatives.
- Mentoring 3rd party developers, and ensure they are working effective and are delivering quality solutions.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of relevant work experience in a similar position.
We are looking for a passionate and result oriented professional with solid written and verbal communication skills who are able to articulate the technically complex subjects to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Are able to develop scalable solutions that can be utilised by current and future channels – e.g. mobile.
- Possess the ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks.
- Have excellent Stakeholder management and interpersonal skills at both a technical and nontechnical level.
- Are able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Have solid understanding of the importance of real business engagement in all stages of IT product life-cycle working in both waterfall and agile delivery methodologies.
- Have good critical reasoning and problem solving skills – sticks to the problem until it is resolved.
- Are customer-orientated, whether responding to support queries or developing new functionality experience.
- Possess excellent knowledge about one of more Output Management products.
- Have strong hands on experience on SOA based architectures.
- Have experience with system design, configuration, customization, integration, testing and support.
- Have experience with large Full Life Cycle project implementations.
- Have experience of setting, refining and implementing technical standards.
- Have experience in defining and leading technical development of projects.
- Have experience within a customer focused environment.
- Have experience of modern software engineering techniques e.g.
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Consumption and production of Application programming interfaces (API’s)
Last application date: 24 September 2017.
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Maj-Britt Clayton on email@example.com.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.