Senior Digital Engineer for Operational Technology
The Maersk fleet is being digitalized and we need a Senior Engineer to orchestrate the Operational Technology landscape of OEM’s digitalization, SW development and Fleet operation requirements and opportunities.
As a Senior Digital Engineer for Operational Technology you will have a unique opportunity to make an impact in our organisation based on your experience, knowledge and professionalism.
The position is reporting directly to the head of Electrical and Automation (E&A) and you will be part of the management team in E&A. E&A is a part of Fleet Technology, the technical competence centre in Maersk that is designing the innovative Maersk ships.
Drive digitalization projects and develop the framework between Maersk Digital (SW development), Fleet Operations and Fleet Technology
- Spearhead the digitalization process of our OT equipment in close collaboration with OEMs
- Special focus on data driven maintenance (cost/reliability)
- Ensure and enable in collaboration with the IT Department and Security Organisation the remote operation of equipment on board vessels in a smooth yet safe manner
- Strategy development for SW configuration management on vessels OT that is executed though our Support teams in Mumbai
Who we are looking for
An ambitious engineer willing to drive this novel agenda, develop it and expand it. Deliver optimal results in the short and long term, both as an individual and with the team
- You have strong technical knowledge on SW development, IIOT/industry 4.0/other and sensors as well as maritime operation knowledge and a good understanding of machinery
- You have abstract and strategic thinking and you are good at facilitating and motivating collaboration between multiple parties (internal as well as external). You can provide overview for the management and partners with structural communication
- You thrive in a challenging, fast paced and changing environment
- The corporate language is English, so you should be fluent in oral as well as written English
Last application date: 18 September 2017.
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Christian.Petersen@maersk.com.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.