Vice President, Software Development
Do you want to lead a talented and ambitious software unit and be part of fuelling the development of world-class hearing aid software?
What we offer
Here is the chance to apply your extensive leadership and IT experience in a collaborative working environment with a high sense of purpose. Your leadership directly impacts the quality of life for millions of people with hearing loss through unique sound quality.
In a culture that is famous for collaboration and creativity, you will motivate and inspire your team as well as interface regularly with colleagues and stakeholders across Widex. You will support our growth journey through your team in development of fitting software that primarily supports dispensers, but also end-users through apps.
With reference to the SVP of Global R&D, you will head our Software Development unit of approximately 110 colleagues.
In Software Development, you will find an inspirational team of engineers, app developers, fitting audiologists, UX designers, software developers and many more. Your role is to lead the team through delegation to your leadership team and to work in close collaboration with the Global R&D Management Team, across R&D and in close proximity to Marketing as well as other stakeholders. As part of your responsibilities, you will:
- Establish a clear connection between strategy and goals, driving team and individual performance with a consistent, results-oriented business and customer focus
- Promote and increase communication and transparency across the software organisation
- Maintain and develop a high level of software and audiological competencies, securing a sufficiently educated and experienced workforce
- Work actively with team leaders to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables and optimize workload and resources
- Work actively with the software organization to further optimize the work processes, methods and tools to increase efficiency and output
As Vice President, you inspire, motivate and lead by example. You are an excellent communicator and have vast experience in stakeholder management both across the organisation and externally. To succeed in this position, you:
- Have an education within electronics- or IT engineering or similar
- Have solid IT and software experience across various fields end systems
- Have at least 10 years of proven and successful leadership experience, managing across borders and cultures – probably from an IT or audio related area
- Are fluent in English and have a good understanding of Danish
- Have a thorough understanding of customer’s requirements and practical needs.
If this sounds like you, please upload a cover letter detailing why you would be a great candidate for this position, as well as your CV, as soon as possible, but no later than 30th of September 2017.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Thomas Evers Christensen , SVP Global R&D , at +45 44 35 58 44 or email@example.com.