Saxo Bank is a leading global online broker. We facilitate online trading and investment in financial products in 20+ countries. We differentiate ourselves from competitors through our award-winning trading platform, our wide product range – the largest in the industry – and our customer-centric business model.
Saxo Bank is looking for a data scientist to join our Big Data and Artificial Intelligence team, part of our COO area. The team supports the organization with data insight and ensures that we are data driven in all dicission making and optimization throughout the client journey. In the daily work you will apply predictive modeling, statistics, machine mearning, data mining, and other data analysis techniques to collect, explore, and extract insights from structure and unstructured data.
Among others you will be responsible for creating value from data by assisting in:
- Introducing a scientific mindset and a data-driven approach to our way of working.
- Answering complex questions about our clients and deliver insights to the rest of the organization.
- Building predictive models wrt. our clients behavior and conducting explorative Data analysis.
- Infering causal effects and optimize spending allocations.
- Helping in testing hypothesis by designing and evaluating controlled experiments.
As a person you come across as thorough and result driven. The ideal candidate likes to collaborate, but is also able to work independently on longer term projects. You are curious about data and technology, and interested in continuously learning and adapting your skills. You might even “Kaggle” your weekends away, follow various online courses, spend time on stackoverflow or similar.
Further we are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- A strong foundation within the fields of statistical modelling, machine learning or econometrics.
- Passionate about analyzing data and have relevant experience from either education, academia or professionally.
- Programming experience in R, Python or similar.
- You might already have domain knowledge within the fields of finance or digital marketing.
- Plus: Experience with SQL and maybe some of the following microsoft software/services: SQL-Server, Azure, Visual Studio, Power-BI.
First and foremost, we offer more than just a job; being an employee in Saxo Bank is an opportunity to invest in your future. In addition, you get:
- A chance to join a truly growth-embracing culture, which will commit to helping you grow personally and professionally.
- An opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, very ambitious and, at the same time, informal and pleasant working environment.
- A competitive salary plus benefits package.
Saxo Bank Group (Saxo) is a leading Danish multi-asset trading and investment specialist, offering a complete set of trading and investment technologies, tools and strategies. For almost 25 years, Saxo’s mission has been to enable individuals and institutions by facilitating their access to professional trading and investing through technology and expertise.
As a fully licensed and regulated bank, Saxo enables its private clients to trade multiple asset classes across global financial markets from one single margin account and across multiple devices. Additionally, Saxo provides institutional clients such as banks and brokers with multi-asset execution, prime brokerage services and trading technology.
Saxo’s award winning trading platforms are available in more than 20 languages and form the technology backbone of more than 100 financial institutions worldwide.
Founded in 1992 and headquartered in Copenhagen, Saxo employs more than 1500 people in financial centres around the world including London, Singapore, Paris, Zurich, Dubai and Tokyo.
As a bank offering fully digitalised solutions for self-trading, advisory and discretionary services, Saxo is continuously at the forefront of innovation, meaning that clients benefit from proven technology. 600 IT developers and 150 back-office resources develop and deliver Saxo’s solution for the benefit of clients. Outsourcing solutions support the full-service value chain.