Lead Front-end developer at Connected Cars
Connected Cars is working on an ambitious project to connect 250,000+ car-owners with their vehicles by hooking into the on-board diagnostics available in every modern car.
Currently we are being used by more than 8,000 Volkswagen car owners in Denmark and are growing rapidly. This means we are looking to expand our team with skilled developers to help us scale and extend the product to support cool new features and keep everything fast and snappy even as we push into hundred of thousands of cars and users.
We are currently using Node.js, MySQL and Redis on the backend, React on web and React Native for our mobile apps on iOS and Android. On the hosting side we are using Google Cloud with Kubernetes and Docker, but our tech stack is continually evolving and we are always looking to do things better.
We believe in release early, release often and practice this with many daily releases using our continuous integration and deployment setup.
Teams are sized at about 5-6 people co-located in an agile setup with a focus on minimal overhead and bureaucracy as we want to ensure independence and decision power stays within the teams. As we are currently building the teams you will have a lot of influence on how we work, what we focus on and how we deliver new features and functionality.
As a lead front-end developer at Connected Cars you will mainly be working with our React code base, but will also help define the technical direction of our frontend in corporation with the team. A large part of the job is making sure we deliver a high quality and intuitive user experience that works in range of browsers and devices. You will also be responsible for moving your own code into production.
What we like
It’s not important that you know every part of our current tech stack or that you have years of experience in React or Redux. Most important is that you have experience as a frontend developer and that you like to learn new things and know how to leverage your experience across technology stacks and languages.
But here is what would be a good fit:
- Experience in more than one technology stack
- React, Vue, Angular or similar
- Babel, Typescript or similar
- Consuming RESTful/GraphQL APIs
- MVC-based web applications
- Dependency management tools like yarn, npm or similar
- Build tools like webpack, grunt or similar
- Continuous integration and test driven development
- Focus on quality and doing things right
- Candidate codes in his/her spare time
- Github or similar account with sample code
- Open Source development experience
What is in it for you?
- A ticket to the journey where we develop the car owner experience of the future
- Highly skilled co-workers to learn from
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and location
- Employee discounts on cars, repairs, etc. for yourself and your family
- Company car package
- Laptop of your choice
- Cheap lunch scheme
- Strong open source commitment
How to apply
To apply just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following:
- Updated CV or link to your LinkedIn profile
- Link to Github or similar with examples of your work
Contact Troels to hear more about the position on either e-mail or phone:
- Troels Liebe Bentsen email@example.com, +45 51 51 18 38.
About Connected Cars
Connected Cars is funded and owned by Semler Group, a family owned business, the exclusive Danish importer of Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Lotus, Bentley and Lamborghini.
Connected cars is part of Semler Innovation together with a number of other startups focusing on mobility, including Autonomous Mobility that are working with self-driving cars.