Cloud Operations Engineer – Global Operations
Configit is looking for a talented and passionate engineer with a desire to work greenfield with the lifecycle, design, maintenance, and operations of Configit clients’ solutions in our new Global Operations team in Copenhagen, Denmark.
As Operations Engineer you are a technical expert in the areas of cloud and operations of software solutions for enterprise customers. You will be the first of your kind at Configit and therefore part of your role will be to design infrastructure, formalize efficiency and high quality operations of Configit cloud and on premise solutions.
The Global Operations team is newly established and dedicated to the operations, maintenance and support of Configit cloud based services as well as our client’s on premise solutions.
What you’ll do
You will be a technical lead on cloud solutions, offerings, requirements, security and standards. You will be advising & sparring with the Global Operation Manager on best practice and requirements for Configit Cloud Operation. In close partnership with the products team, you will be responsible for designing and creating single-tenant and multi-tenant cloud environments, with the mindset of monitoring and support.
Our projects are carried out in an agile fashion with close collaboration with our clients and colleagues across different geographies and business functions. As member of our Global Operations team, you will be working closely together with: software and configuration engineers, project managers, Sales organization and Global enterprise clients.
You will work out of our headquarters in the Copenhagen office and should expect frequent customer contact with approximately 15-25 travel days per year.
- Assist product teams in greenfield designing and sizing single and multi-tenant cloud solutions
- Design, build, maintain and improve cloud environments on Azure (single and multi-tenant)
- Define and setup automated test, reporting and deployment processes
- Manage Configit Cloud platforms for availability, metrics and uptime of services
- Secure Configit Cloud solution with well documented backup and disaster recovery procedures
- Ensure client operations, and assist in upgrading clients to the latest versions of our standard software
- Deliver Configit services to clients in accordance with the Service Level Agreements
- Client specific development tasks such as maintaining customizations and integration points between various systems
- Be available outside office hours in case of extremely critical issue resolution
- Participate in the after-hours (24x7) on-call rotation as the new Global team grows bigger
We expect that you have
- Bachelor or Master’s in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or similar
- Professional background with infrastructure architecture and experience in virtualization technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Azure in single and multi-tenant environments
- Excellent documentation and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills in English
- Abilities of a fast learner and desire to stay current with technology and best practices
- Experience working with Java and C# (is an advantage)
- Experience with and one or more of following technologies, Tomcat, Apache, IIS, SQL Servers, Visual Studio, TeamCity, Continuous Integration, Git, GitHub, is preferred
- A pragmatic approach and is a resourceful individual with desire to assist, engage and provide high-level service
- Ability to effectively balance multiple on-going activities
What we offer
A unique opportunity in a dynamic, ambitious and international environment where;
- We work with complex and challenging products which redefine what companies are capable of
- We believe in a healthy work-life balance, a trademark of the Danish culture
- We are engaged and passionately work closely together across all disciplines
- We believe in knowledge sharing and provide continued learning
- We cherish an informal and open culture where the customers are in focus
- We socialize together, with clubs for lovers of sports, board games, music and more
Your Configit colleagues are experts not only in software development but also in successfully using configuration, product modeling, and intuitive UIs to solve critical challenges for companies
Configit is an international software vendor – headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark – that offers third generation configuration solutions to companies with product configuration needs. Configit configurators are used for exploring the variance in product development, as sales configurators, and for maintenance, service and overhaul of complex products.
Configit’s core technology is based on research in formal verification and constraint solving. All Configit products are based on the patented Virtual Tabulation technology.
Configit customers include ABB, Januar Land Rover, John Deere, Grundfos, Vestas, Siemens, Danfoss amongst others. Please visit our website www.configit.com for further information.
Do you want to hear and know more about the open position at Configit, pls. contact Bettina T. Warming, Theill Warming Rådgivning at +45 20424519 or by e-mail. Theill Warming Rådgivning is handling this recruitment process on behalf of Configit.
Please forward your application – including your CV/resumé – to email@example.com