IT Linux System Engineer
Mellanox Technologies is a global leader in supplying end-to-end Infiniband and Ethernet interconnect solutions and services for servers and datastorage.
Mellanox currently has approximately 3000 employees and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California and Yokneam, Israel.
Mellanox adapters, switches, software and silicon delivers the highest data output and the lowest latency which translates into markedly faster data transfer for applications and significant system optimization.
Almost half of the world’s top 500 fastest supercomputers use Mellanox products.
Read more about Mellanox here.
In 2013 Mellanox Technologies purchased the Danish company IPtronics; a leading fabless designhouse specialized in low-power, high-speed analog integrated circuits for fiber-optic interconnect solutions enabling datarates at 10G, 40G and 100G with primary focus on large-scale solutions for business. IPtronics’ office is located in Roskilde and is Mellanox’ primary R&D center In Europe. Since the purchase, Mellanox has quadrupled the staff in Roskilde.
This growth continues and Mellanox is seeking a IT Linux System Engineer.
- Define and develop automation scripts for IC Design environment.
- Design and implement Linux system orchestration and integration.
- Grid environment hands-on management, provisioning, configuration, design, expertise as well as ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Network licenses (e.g. FLEXlm) continuous maintenance, provisioning, automation, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Documentation of systems and procedures.
- Provide day to day support for IC Design engineers.
- Computer Science or Software/Computer Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX system administration – CentOS/Solaris.
- Shell scripting proficiency – bash/tcsh/python/perl.
- Experience with FLEXlm licensing solutions.
- Experience with network services: BIND, DHCP, Boot PXE, TFTP, NFS, NIS, LDAP.
- Experience with revision control systems (e.g. RCS, GIT, and SVN).
- Experience with NAS storage management: NetApp, EMC.
- Familiarity with distributed resource management systems like Univa Grid Engine (UGE) / Son of Grid Engine (SoGE) or similar.
- Understanding of virtualization concepts.
- Understanding of orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible and the likes).
- Effective trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Personal: Fast ramp up, quick learning, high motivation, independent.
- Experience with Univa Grid Engine (USGE) / Son of Grid Engine (SoGE) or similar.
- Experience with one or more orchestration tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Experience with virtualization platforms – KVM/VMware, Virtual Box.
- Experience with network management.
What we offer
A full-time position, working from our office in Roskilde. You will be offered a competitive package which will include a monthly salary, RSUs, yearly bonus, chance to participate in the company ESPP program, Gym/swimming pool membership, lunch arrangement and most important a chance to work in a fast moving international environment with great colleagues and working atmosphere.
Does this have your interest? Please send your résumé and application to HR-responsible Shimi Edry at firstname.lastname@example.org.