Senior Data Warehouse Developer
Saxo Bank IT consist of over 450 IT professionals based in Copenhagen and Delhi who, using the latest technologies and agile methodologies; design, build and run the Saxo Bank award winning, global multi-asset trading platform. Our specialty is within capital markets with focus on; high reliability, large volumes, low latency and a world class, cloud-based experience for retail, institutional and white label clients.
Our in-house designed and built Saxo Bank trading system handles:
- over 25,000 concurrent online trading clients 24 hours per day/5,5 trading days per week
- more than 160,000 unique monthly users to our social trading portal
- in excess of 400,000 price feed updates per second
- intraday execution and booking of up to 900 trades per second
- over 1,000,000 trade transactions processed daily
The data warehouse and business intelligence department consists of 27 employees across Denmark and India and its overall purpose is to deliver all data foundation and reporting internally and externally. We are currently planning to move our data warehouse to cloud based technologies.
As our new senior developer you will be responsible for:
- Close cooperation with the business users to understand their needs and suggest optimal solutions
- Import new data into our warehouse using ETL and relevant modelling techniques
- Designing logical and physical database structures for data warehouse
- Take part in the transition to move to cloud based solution
As a person you come across as adaptive and a fast learner. You are good at handling several tasks at the same time without compromising detail. You are a responsible, proactive and self-driven person.
Further we are looking for a candidate with the following professional competencies:
- Minimum 5 years experience with SQL Server database technology
- Solid working experience with Microsoft BI technologies such as SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Master Data Services and PowerBI
- Extensive knowledge of data warehouse models and design patterns
- Knowledge from the financial industry would be an advantage
- …and finally a plus if you have worked with cloud based data warehouse solutions or MPP architecture
First and foremost, we offer more than just a job; being an employee in Saxo Bank is an opportunity to invest in your future. In addition, you get:
- A chance to join a truly growth-embracing culture, which will commit to helping you grow personally and professionally.
- An opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, very ambitious and, at the same time, informal and pleasant working environment.
- A competitive salary plus benefits package.