Can you improve how we manage our very large web platform that keeps millions of users playing globally every month? Would you like to embark on a career towards specializing in DevOps technologies in a company that still has the start-up spirit intact?
About The Job
Our DevOps team is searching for an uncommonly talented DevOps Engineer, responsible for building the systems and tools that enable our teams to develop a world class social gaming experience for our millions of monthly users. We hold the strong belief that standing up a healthy environment should be fast, automated, and intuitive. We empower our teams to use the tools and technologies that will provide our users the best social gaming experience on all of our games. As a DevOps Engineer at MovieStarPlanet, the sky's the limit on the impact you can have on the business. All of our teams at MovieStarPlanet engineer and deploy their own code, because of this they look to us for advice, guidance and stability. Because of this relationship our DevOps Engineers will have a stronger focus in development to provide that missing link between Development and Operations. We believe in having a deep understanding of our infrastructure and believe in picking the right tool for the job. Our application stacks run the games from .NET and Java, we embrace infrastructure as code and automation tools, and don’t shy from any AWS cloud technologies.
As our new DevOps Engineer your principal duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Develop, build, and implement a continuous integration service in our multi-platform environment
- Define and deploy logging, monitoring, and versioning metrics for the deployment process
- Cultivate and tend to operational automation processes
- Build tools for monitoring app performance and real user transaction testing
- Contributing ideas on how to continuously improve systems and processes
- Application development experience with emphasis on agile process
- Automating all the things
You bring the following to the table:
- Insatiable desire to make systems more reliable and consistent over time
- You understand scalable web architectures and have implemented a few
- You graciously help others who look to you for feedback and guidance
- You are a great communicator who can advocate for your plans and teammate’s ideas
- You think ahead and plan for the future
- You possess a practical perspective on software engineering disciplines
- At least 2 examples of small to medium code projects you architected and saw through to completion
It would be great but not mandatory if you have:
- Working knowledge of commercial clouds (AWS preferred)
- Solid scripting skills in PowerShell, Python, and/or Bash
- Strong expertise with C#, Java, or other object-oriented languages
- At least 2 years experience in a development or DevOps role supporting development teams
MovieStarPlanet ApS is the company behind the games and social networks for kids aged 8-13 years - MovieStarPlanet, BooniePlanet and BlockStarPlanet. In the virtual worlds each user designs their own MovieStar avatar, BlockStar and Boonie, which are used to play the games, engage and have fun with other friends. In the games there is a wide spread of options to dress-up, chat with friends, design looks, making movies and scrapbooks, design clothes, building robots and play mini games.
Launched in Denmark in 2009, MovieStarPlanet ApS has since experienced explosive growth. Currently, the games are live in 16 countries across 11 European markets as well as the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Globally we rank among the most popular virtual worlds for the target group with more than 300 million registered profiles.
MovieStarPlanet ApS employs around 150 staff at the Headquarter based in the attractive surroundings of the new and modern part of Copenhagen called Ørestad, located very close to the city center and the metro line. Corporate language is English.
Why Work With Us?
Touch the lives of millions of kids every day. You will get to be part of a fast growing company, producing one of the most popular games/social networks in the world for kids. Your colleagues are highly qualified, creative and friendly people. We are very ambitious and strive to connect kids in the best social network by developing and supporting the world´s most inspiring social network for kids by delivering safe digital entertainment for fun, creativity and sharing. We believe in learning by doing and taking ownership of tasks and projects so you will be given a lot of freedom and responsibility from day one!
MovieStarPlanet has around 30 nationalities working with us, which provides a vibrant atmosphere. We value diversity and believe this contributes to a greater variety of viewpoints, a broader range of individual talents and professional experience. Passion for people and the products makes us an inspiring, fun, casual and challenging place to work and creates an environment where ideas can flourish.
‘Social’ is both what we do and who we are – so every week there is always a social event going on ranging from Friday bars to casual game nights to running clubs. We have a canteen in the building so lunch is served just downstairs and we offer free fruit and healthy snacks on a daily basis. For our future foreign colleagues it could be interesting to know that we offer 5 weeks of vacation for all nationalities (paid when earned), free child 1st sick day and the right to take up to 52 weeks of combined parental leave.
So if you want to work with passionate colleagues who care for kids and work hard every day to give them the best platform to have fun with their friends then MovieStarPlanet is the right place for you.
How To Apply
Please apply for this position online by clicking the "Apply now" button. Your application should contain the following:
- A cover letter – including a short description of your educational background, working experience and why you are motivated to work at MovieStarPlanet
- Your CV and exam results
Application deadline is as soon as possible. We will be holding interviews at the earliest convenience.