Frontend/Mobile App Developer
Digitalization is an important factor for delivering new improved services and experiences to our employees, customers and partners. Like most other companies this year MAN Diesel & Turbo are pushing speed and agility into this area, which means that we are looking for qualified candidates for the position Frontend/Mobile App Software Developer in the Group IT - Software development department.
As part of the company's continued expansion and commitment for developing mobile ready applications that will support both the internal business and customer and partner solutions, it is necessary to complement our software development teams with frontend/mobile application developers who are capable of developing applications + solutions heterogeneous software and hardware environments that will support either current mobile landscapes (tablets and mobile phones, cloud and on premise) or the latest frontend development techniques and also prepare the company for working with future innovative eco-systems.
You will work closely with product owners, internal and external developers to develop custom solutions and integrate standard solutions with the backend environment.
Software development department is a newly established IT area responsible for digital transformation and agile software development, the correct candidate will be part of a large international team of colleagues working out of Denmark, Germany, India and Switzerland.
The candidate chosen will be working out of Copenhagen in an agile, challenging and developing area and must show confidence in interacting with fellow IT professionals and business stakeholders, you should be able to work independently, and have a willingness to share knowledge and continually develop your skill sets.
What we expect of you
- You have at least 2 years of challenging IT experience from similar that have involved development of web and mobile ready applications.
- IT or equivalent degree with a major in software development - focus on frontend web application development.
- Have up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of current technology trends and you love working in agile teams.
- Team player with a drive for continuous growth and learning in a moving environment, where trends and industry changes are to be expected.
- You work with strong commitment and can take on challenges and have a reputation for being results oriented, ambitious and able to work across the organization, both individually and in teams.
- You have a creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolutions.
- Desired experience in using TFS, Git, Jira, Confluence and using RESTful APIs or traditional web services.
- Understanding of UI design principles, Software Architecture, Software Testing and Security by Design.
- Experience of working within a DevOps environment is also an advantage.
- You are fluent in English both written and spoken. (German language skills are also an advantage)
Qualifications and experiences:
The right candidate should preferably have some experience in the following areas:
- The position requires building software solutions in small scrum teams and therefore the candidates should be capable to work with designers and back-end developers. Your motto is being agile.
- The position will involve developing new mobile ready + frontend applications and continuously developing them.
- Any experience in developing in cloud environments such as Azure and AWS, and knowledge of utilizing API and Open Source standards is an advantage.
- Have an aptitude for rapidly learning new concepts and technologies and applying them in an agile manner.
- Understanding of interfacing to middleware solutions and software.
- If you have worked in agile scrum teams as an effective team player or gained skills as a scrum master this would be an advantage.
Specific Web Frontend areas:
- Develop ideas and translate design and user requirements into a mobile testbed, MVP and fully-functional applications and the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
Specific Mobile App areas:
- In order to ensure consistent and continuous agile development a profound knowledge of app development such as Apple Swift, Xamarin or Java, C++ is an advantage.
- Skills for developing "exceptionally" user-friendly solutions in iOS, Android, Windows OS and hybrid HTML5 solutions.
We offer you
- A versatile, creative and challenging job in an international organisation comprising both professional and personal development opportunities.
- An agile working environment with dedicated and skilled colleagues who enjoy “hygge” on a regular basis.
- Flexible working hours.
- A salary match your qualifications and a pension scheme with health insurance.
- Roof top Cantine with a delicious selection in the buffet.
Are you interested?
If this is the job you are looking for, please send a motivated application, CV and other relevant qualifications by clicking "Apply online". We look forward to hearing more about you.
The deadline for application will be Wednesday 1st of November 2017. Interviews will happen during the application period.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Christopher Clark on +45 3385 1249, Christopher.Clark@man.eu or Peter Stern on +45 3385 1476. For further information regarding the company please visit our website www.mandieselturbo.com.