Global Software Specialist - Global Service
Agilent Diagnostic Services is now looking for a new Global Software Specialist to join our team in Glostrup, Denmark.
The Global Software Specialist is the company’s Senior Service Professional for Dako branded instruments and software solutions. Considered the service and deployment expert on your product you will be providing support to our service and deployment organizations worldwide, develop and perform product training for Service and Deployment as required, as well as seeing to that product service ability and service documentation are state of the art. You will be a key contributing member of development teams representing the Service support, deployment and customer IT needs. You will be responsible for Service and Deployment activities related to launching new software products for use in the clinical pathology laboratory.
- Gather market requirements from a field deployment and support perspective analyzing needs and requirements from Dako field personnel, distributors and customers worldwide.
- Monitor product and service issues and drive problem resolution as a service representative in Dako internal forums.
- Provide support when needed for escalated customer issues in relation to your product.
- Drive product and process improvements towards internal stakeholders such as QA, Marketing, Supply Chain and R&D.
- Understand and represent market and IT Healthcare needs in the product development as well as the product deployment processes.
- Develop the Service/Support Training Programs for your product as well as plan and execute training sessions at Dako premises and customer sites worldwide.
- Create and manage service specific documentation such as Installation Guides, Manuals, Checklists, Training Materials as well as maintain regular communication to the field.
- Prepare and implement the Service Strategy for the specific product in coordination with Dako’s commercial organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Min. 5 years of experience within software
- Experience in deploying and supporting complex software solutions - preferable in a medical environment
- Certificates in Novell, MSCE, CCNA, and knowledge of SQL are preferred
- Very good presentation skills including excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in workflow processes is a plus
- Experience in LIS/LIMS integration is preferred
- Experience as trainer is considered an advantage
- A proven track record of working highly effectively, efficiently and collaboratively with others is essential.
- Fluent in English
- You will have impeccable ethics and outstanding attention-to-detail – due to the nature of the role it is essential you have excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills, along with the strong negotiation skills, good judgment and decision making.
- Ability to travel 20-30 days per year
If you have any questions to the position, please call Recruitment Partner, Tinne Bigum on +45 2933 6930
Please forward your application and CV as soon as possible via our online recruitment system.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.