Product Manager for Mobile Defence Products
Are you a trained army officer and do you have the passion and creativity to define the future of one of the world’s most successful mobile battle management systems? Then, you might be the new Product Manager for our Defence Division.
With reference to the Director of Product Management, you will be part of the product management team. You will be responsible for defining market requirements for current and future products and will work with the development teams as the domain expert who articulates the product vision from the point of view of customers and end users. You will work closely together with the development teams during the development cycle to ensure the product meets customer requirements. Furthermore, you will work with marketing to create internally and externally focused product collateral and to define the product message.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Defining and managing the product strategy and roadmap
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research, supported by on-going visits to existing and new customers
- Writing product requirements documents that enable the company to deliver leadership products while continuing to satisfy tactical needs
- Providing the sales team with the necessary technical support, sales collateral and assistance at special customer visits
- Representing the company at conferences and trade shows; interfacing with industry analysts
- Being an expert with respect to the competition
The position requires worldwide travel to customer and non-customer sites (10-15%).
Your skills and personality
You are a self-motivated and highly energetic individual, with an ambition and professional commitment to improve and increase the effectiveness of our product marketing.
We imagine that you:
- Have 8+ years military (army) experience (leadership at company level or above) – this is a prerequisite
- Are knowledgeable in software technology (programming skills not required)
- Possess a creative way of thinking
- Have excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Are experienced in public presentations and/or classroom training
- Have proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Are a quick learner, organized and self-motivated with the ability to define goals and prioritize your own work
Our IT solutions make it simpler for the users to make critical decisions. In the defence and healthcare sectors, critical decisions often concern matters of life and death. In both the private and the public sector, our solutions must handle large amounts of data, e.g. in the library sector with more than 50 million yearly loans. To be able to continue the development of solutions that customers trust, we continuously challenge each other, our work processes and technologies. We have a highly pro-active education and training policy with defined career paths and internal pro-active Knowledge Networks.
We stay constantly focused on making everything better. Our unique combination of strong principles from CMMI and the best aspects of LEAN and Scrum enable us to develop reliable, high-quality solutions for our customers and to deliver them to the agreed price and deadline. We work in teams, and some of our teams include well-integrated insourced developers.
We prioritise a sensible balance between work and private life, and our agile approach provides you with an excellent opportunity of being able to plan your own tasks and working hours to a great extent. We value social cohesion at the workplace and have a very active staff association.
Because we also work with security classified projects, all Systematic personnel must have security clearance. Learn more here.
Questions and application procedure
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Director Hans Jørgen Bohlbro at + 45 89 43 20 00.
Application deadline: Please send us your application as soon as possible no later than November 17th 2017.
Commencement: By appointment.
You are welcome to apply for this position in either Danish or English.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Systematic A/S, established in 1985, develops software and system solutions to customers in both the public and private sector. Today, the company is the largest privately owned software company in Denmark with solutions sold to customers in 50+ countries. More than 500,000 people worldwide use Systematic’s products. The company has 900+ employees and is headquartered in Aarhus with offices in Copenhagen, Australia, Finland, France, Germany, New Zealand, Romania, Singapore, Sweden, UK, United Arab Emirates and USA. Systematic A/S has customers within healthcare, defence, the library and learning sector, law enforcement, the public sector, finance and service industries. A common feature of these customers is a need to integrate, compare and analyse large volumes of complex data, and to generate an overview that allows critical decision-making based on a solid foundation.