IT Security Specialist
Would you like to work as an IT Security Specialist and be responsible for the establishment and strategic leadership of IT Security, for the future operation of our Oil & Gas business?
Join us and become IT Security Specialist in IT & Information Management where you together with team members will be responsible for the overall IT Security across the business. You will evaluate and implement appropriate standards and develop and maintain the security policies.
The department is a part of INEOS DeNoS which has 440 employees. We explore for and produce oil and natural gas. Today, our activities are centred in the seas off Denmark, Norway and the United Kingdom, and we have an ambitious strategy with many exciting projects in the pipeline.
You will be based at our office in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- handle IT security incidents in collaboration with the operational IT departments.
- be responsible for the development and implementation of security policies and procedures (user log-on and authentication rules, security breach escalation procedures, security auditing procedures and use of firewalls and encryptions routines).
- prepare status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- be involved in the evaluation of products and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness.
Further, you will enforce security policies and procedures by administering and monitoring security profiles, review security violation reports and investigate possible security exceptions, updates, and maintain and documents security controls, and as such you must be able to comprehend the connection across functions and view information security challenges from multiple perspectives.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a master's degree in computer science or equivalent coupled with some years’ experience in a compliance function.
- have knowledge and understanding of IT security concepts and IT security management (e.g. ISO 27001 and 27002).
- have experience with implementing security IT controls in architecture to mitigate risks.
- may have one or more security certifications on your CV (CISM, CISSP, CISA, GICSP or CRISC).
- Have strong fundamental knowledge of information system penetration techniques and risks, cybersecurity frameworks (NIST and ISO 27000 preferred) and have practical hands-on experience investigating and remediating active threats.
In addition, you are structured, motivated, self-driven and can take ownership of your tasks and are excited by the opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment. Your critical and strategic thinking are important for this role and you should be able to balance short and long term considerations and tradeoffs.
The position requires excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills and you must be comfortable interacting with very senior level staff across the business, as well as being adept at managing relationships with external partners. Therefore, you must speak and write English fluently.
You must have very strong negotiation and influence skills, and can identify appropriate negotiating approaches and solve for the optimum win-win outcome. Previous experience negotiating policies and compliance with various stakeholders would be highly beneficial to achieving the best outcomes in this role.
Your experience with business continuity, disaster recovery, auditing, risk management, vulnerability assessments, and cyber-security and incident management will be fundamental in this position.
We offer a dynamic workplace driven by Integrity, passion, team, results & safety.
We are open and trustworthy and uphold high ethical standards. We are passionate about what we do and proud of what we achieve. We value diversity and collaborate in a non-hierarchical, respectful and trusting way. We set the bar high, take ownership and get the right things done. We never compromise on safety standards
Please do not hesitate to contact IT & Information Manager, Leon Robert Van Kooten, on telephone + 45 30 18 66 14 if you want to know more about the position.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact HR Assistant, Caroline Kjelstrup, on telephone +45 30 18 64 45.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 19 November 2017, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may procure a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.