Senior Program Manager
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to join our team in Copenhagen. In this role, you will drive the end-to-end design, development, and delivery of key programs at the cross-functional level. As a Program Manager for the Zendesk Guide product, you will drive programs focused on our Guide and Knowledge Management platforms. You will build bridges with teams at or global development centers and our company headquarters in San Francisco. Your job as program manager is to keep releases moving forward, focusing on key milestones for teams within Zendesk Product Development as well as liaising with teams across Zendesk including Marketing, Legal, IT, Advocacy, and Sales. You are a great facilitator, and you communicate status clearly, concisely, and accurately. You get your kicks by seeing programs you drive run smoothly and efficiently.
What you get to do every day:
- Partner closely with Engineering and Product Management to drive key cross-functional programs with executive-level visibility
- Ensure that your teams in Copenhagen are aligned with their General Manager in San Francisco and collaborating effectively with other Product Development teams based in Melbourne, Dublin, San Francisco, and our other offices as we further our multi-product strategy
- Lead cross-functional programs, liaising with teams outside of Product Development including Marketing, IT, Legal, Finance, Advocacy, and Sales
- Identify and track key milestones to get a program from start to finish
- Set up an appropriate communications infrastructure including cross-functional team meetings, status reporting, and informal conversations to track program status and keep stakeholders up to date
- Actively manage issues that impact a program, identifying owners and driving issues to resolution
- Anticipate areas of risk and determine ways to mitigate them, and think it’s fun!
- As appropriate, participate in team daily standups and sprint planning meetings, these as a way to gather status on projects that make up a broader program
- Cultivate a culture of openness and transparency to increase the likelihood of program success
- Live and breathe these words every day: drive, communicate, streamline, fill gaps, facilitate, negotiate
- Have a positive impact on the effectiveness and efficiency of your program team members
What you bring to the role:
- BS/BA or equivalent and a MINIMUM of 5+ years in a Software Program Management role
- Experience at a software company driving programs within an Engineering organization
- Proven track record of setting up and driving broad, complex programs across an organization
- Experience driving several large-scale programs in a SaaS environment
- Ability to proactively identify problem areas and then mobilize the right people to solve it
- Strong collaboration, planning, and prioritization skills
- Ability to facilitate efficient and productive meetings that people look forward to attending
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- You lead by influence rather than authority, to build trust across the organization
- An understanding of the challenges faced by cross-geo teams and a willingness to solve them
- A mastery of time management and organizational skills
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get things done
- Ability to establish new best practices for the Program Management Organization
Zendesk provides a customer service platform designed to bring organizations and their customers closer together. With more than 69,000 paid customer accounts, Zendesk’s products are used by organizations in 150 countries and territories to provide support in more than 40 languages. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.