Senior Software Engineer
Zendesk is looking for an experienced software engineer to join a small team working on search on our Guide product in Copenhagen. Search is a critical platform across all Zendesk powering multiple product features and internal tools. Our large-scale search infrastructure handles thousands of requests per second while indexing terabytes of data in different formats. With more than 107,000 customers creating millions of new data points every single day, Search is a real engineering challenge requiring continuous evolution and optimisation.
What you get to do every day:
- Design and develop high performance and highly available services used by millions of people daily.
- You will be part of a new team dedicated to improving search performance and experience.
- You’ll be responsible for enhancing every aspect of the Search experience: from indexing data to servicing the relevant results.
- Write efficient and scalable code.
- Create out of the box solutions to help resolve search challenges.
- Have fun!
What you bring to the role:
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Lucene or Solr is needed.
- Strong programming experience in Java or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience with a scripting language like Ruby or Python is a plus
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms and design principles for large scale data.
- You believe in frequent releases and in building software that is easy to deploy and pain-free to operate.
- Good knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Ability to form creative solutions, often when working with ambiguity.
- Interest or knowledge of stream processing technologies and message-oriented technologies (Kafka, Google Dataflow, Spark).
- A strong sense of pride in the software you build and you care about search!
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.