IT Security Officer
Deadline for applications: December 11th, 2017
The Council of Europe www.coe.int and its European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) www.edqm.eu are looking for an experienced IT Security specialist for this very dynamic and demanding role. If chosen you will play a pivotal role in developing and adapting existing IT Security to new challenges, ensuring that security best practices are adhered to in all areas of technology management and embedding a culture of IT Security across the organisation.
The main responsibilities of the job:
- Develops and implements the EDQM’s information security policies, standards and procedures; identifies and addresses security issues including system threats, vulnerabilities and risk to known and developing security issues; drafts reports on assessment findings outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement;
- Works across the EDQM, and with 3rd party suppliers, to develop and implement technical solutions / security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities in both IT tools and systems that are either being developed or maintained;
- Communicates with managers and staff to facilitate and promote activities to foster IT security awareness within the EDQM while at the same time testing compliance via security audits;
- Develops and manages the information security incident response plan and leads the incident response team; contributes to the EDQM’s disaster recovery and business continuity plans in respect of IT security; and communicates quickly about security incidents;
- Develops, evaluates and reports metrics for IT security.
What we look for in someone to undertake this role effectively:
- Higher education degree or qualification in an IT related domain or relevant area (e.g. Computer science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics);
- At least 4 years’ professional experience including 2 years of recent and solid practical experience of IT security; experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools; thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols; familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols;
- Experience in management of IT security related projects, planning and work organisation, analysis and problem solving, influencing, communication, resilience, drafting skills, relationship building;
- Very good knowledge of one of the official languages (English) and knowledge of the other official language (French);
- Nationality of one of the 47 Council of Europe member states.
What we offer:
- a variety of challenging and interesting IT projects in a number of the EDQM’s work areas; exposure to an ISO certified environment;
- the possibility to develop both your IT and language competencies; the chance to work in a multi-national/multi-cultural workplace – over 20 nationalities work at the EDQM situated in the European quarter of Strasbourg;
- highly competitive, income tax free salaries - monthly salary from € 4 629 an attractive benefits package including health insurance and additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (as appropriate).
More details and information on the recruitment process can be found on our Employment website www.coe.int/web/jobs. Applications must be submitted by December 11th, 2017 (midnight Central European Time) at the latest. Please note we only accept applications posted via our online recruitment web-site www.coe-recruitment.com/index.aspx?Lang=en.