Information Architect – Enterprise Architecture
Are you an experienced Information Architect? Are you result and detail oriented? Would you like to join a progressive team? This unique opportunity may be the right one for you.
An exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, Spain and India.
The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
The Information Architect works interactively with key business and delivery stakeholders, solution architects and project teams to:
- Describe the data flow between systems in the information / system landscape, covering both big/unstructured data and more traditional structured information
- Describe how data can be used across the organisation
- Design, develop, maintain and create roadmap for the Enterprise Logical Data Model (ELDM) and the organizations enterprise Logical Data/Information Architecture
- Manage the information assets and connecting them to the business process landscape
- The work spans across operational systems, DWH, Hadoop, ODS, on premise and in the cloud.
- Map systems and interfaces used for managing data, map data flows across the organization
- Set standards for information architecture
- Establish current baseline and define future state for the ELDM and the information architecture
- Describe how data can be made available for use to support the business strategy (creating more value from the data)
- Combining data assets to increase business value, identify data quality, targeting the most important area to support the business strategy first
- Actively engage with Business to rationalize the ELDM – based on this design, create, maintain and deploy the organizations enterprise logical data model to meet current and future business requirements including unstructured as well as structured data
- Actively work with the Business Glossary responsible to utilize the Business Glossary definitions and rules in the modelling and the information architecture
- Participate in designing, creating, deploying and managing the organizations logical data architecture
- Participate in key project design reviews as part of the methodology process to ensure solution designs adhere to information architecture guidelines
- Work with Business Architecture to link the Business information landscape (as captured in the ELDM) to the Business process landscape
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or alternatively equivalent work experience. You have 10+ years of experience within large and complex Information management systems combined with 5+ years working as an Information Architect with proven track record in supporting large scale data warehousing, business intelligence/big data projects and advanced analytic projects. 2-3 years of domain expertise in Transportation, Logistics, Travel industries is preferred.
Preferably you have experience with Big Data/Hadoop/Open source domains (structured/semi structured/unstructured information). You are knowledgeable in most aspects of designing and constructing information architecture and you have Data/information modelling expertise at the enterprise level, working with large and complex logical data models in Erwin or similar modelling tool.
Knowledge of Container Shipping would be a distinct advantage as will experience/exposure with Teradata DB design.
- Have the ability to collaborate/facilitating work sessions with key business stakeholders, business analysts and data stewards to assess if the ELDM is fit for purpose.
- Have the ability to involve and communicate with the Business
- Are able to establish and maintain a high level of business trust and confidence
- Have a strong process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail
- Are a resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Work effectively in a team of strong individuals for achieving a shared goal
- Thrive in an international environment
- Possess the ability to balance and find compromises between opposing forces
The right candidate is a self-starter with curious nature and a drive to continuously optimize.
Please apply to Jay Rayment, Global Recruitment Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.