Information Architect - SharePoint / Office 365
Maersk Line, the global containerised division of the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company in the world. Maersk Line offers a competitive salary and good benefits package (details dependent on working location).
Maersk Line has embarked on a transformation journey, focusing on a long-term strategy to remain best in class in an industry that is increasingly volatile. At the very core of this strategy lies IT. Viewed as a significant enabler of our company strategy, IT is an area where our top management has made and will continue to make increasing investments in. In Maersk Line IT, we actively engage the business and deliver its needs while undergoing our own transformation. We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. These are levers that our leadership rely on to maintain a strong and stable presence in the market. We further aim to establish one global platform on which we effectively build systems that allow us to differentiate from our competitors in the market.
Maersk Line is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, 25 days holiday a year and a number of other attractive benefits.
Maersk is moving from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint Online and the platform needs caretaking and responsible growth. The position will be responsible for Sharepoint Online information architecture within Maersk and will work alongside the Sharepoint Service Owner and the rest of the Office 365 team.
The Sharepoint Online Information Architect employs expertise to deliver cost-effective and fit-for-purpose services. The Information Architect is responsible for processes and plans which deliver the following outcomes:
- Ensure platform viability and future-proofing post SharePoint Online (SPO) migration in accordance with business objectives and the organizational structure
- Continuous improvement activities related to SharePoint Online (SPO) intranet delivery
- Support findability and usability of the Maersk content residing within SharePoint Online (SPO)
- Ensuring Office 365 / SharePoint Online (SPO) best practice
- Management of the SharePoint Online (SPO) architecture to ensure business demands (typically effectiveness, cost-efficiency, stability and availability) are met
- Defining and applying measurable guidelines and standards (including data quality measures) to optimise the use of SharePoint Online (SPO)
- Content classification and confidentiality
- Life-cycle of the content, and retention/disposition strategies. This also applies to sites as well.
- Interface with users of the content, understand their behaviours, common tasks and expectations
- Maintenance and monitoring
- Implementing organisation’s IT policies and procedures with regards to permissions, search/navigation and taxonomy
- Driving continuous quality improvement for own and related areas
- Maintaining documentation according to organization’s standards
- Acting as daily point of contact for the area and providing (directly or indirectly) general support for enquires
Who we are looking for
- Proven experience in IT/IA experience with a experience specifically with O365/Sharepoint Online in an IA role
- Knowledge of search architecture a distinct advantage
- Strong Office 365 experience
- Working knowledge of/familiarity with ITIL. Certification to ITIL Foundation level is a minimum.
- Working knowledge of/familiarity with Project Management principles.
- Previous industry experience with large and complex companies beneficial
Last application date: 08 January 2018.
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org