Infrastructure Solutions Architect
Are you ready to take up a new key role in DSV, where you bring great value and structure leading projects to an evolving business?
As our new Infrastructure Solutions Architect, you get to bridge IT Operations with the business. Gathering requirements and identifying complex legacy challenges, you orchestrate the IT solutions that take us to the future.
Translate business requirements into IT architectural designs and solutions
You will join the international Standardization and Consolidation team within IT Operations, who are responsible for translating business requirements into IT architectural designs and solutions. While reporting to the team manager in the US, you will be based at our Danish headquarters in Hedehusene, close to Copenhagen. Here, you provide high-level consultative services to the business and develop technology roadmaps for Automation, Network, Monitoring, Cloud, Infrastructure, & Security.
You will have a high degree of freedom to set the direction for your work. However, some of your key tasks include:
- Analyzing business requirements to develop technical systems solutions and their frameworks.
- Staying abreast of how cutting-edge technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors.
- Solving complex problems with many variables to include Familiar with various security, network, storage and computer platforms.
- Reviewing new and existing IT projects, systems design and procurement/outsourcing plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural plans.
Broad expertise in infrastructure technologies
First and foremost, you are an experienced infrastructure architect with a knack for problem solving and critical thinking. While you are hungry to solve problems and create solutions, you are a team player through and through; just as you always share your ideas and you are always ready to listen to suggestions from your colleagues.
You thrive in an ever-changing environment, and you manage multiple customers with ease. Equally important, your excellent communication skills allow you to discuss IT solutions with both technical and business professionals, and you have a proven ability to present at all levels.
Moreover, you bring:
- 5+ years of architectural experience at enterprise level in a globally distributed environment and ideally a TOGAF certification.
- Broad expertise in infrastructure technologies, preferably with some background in logistics and supply chain services.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Good technical knowledge of virtualization technologies, Unix technologies, PCs, networks and other operating systems.
- Good technical knowledge of supporting hardware, including Intel, Cisco and SAN / NAS environments.
- Knowledge of application/infrastructure lifecycle, IT Security, hardware engineering and support. Ideally also familiarity with operating systems engineering and support, IT compliance and network infrastructure.
Join Global IT in the world’s 5ht largest transport and logistics company
With the merger of UTi in 2016, DSV became the fifth largest freight forwarder in the world and a powerful player in the global market – and we continue to grow. You will join an international and determined corporation, driven forward by the desire to grow and the courage to make necessary changes. Every day, we focus on growth, development and excellent results.
Global IT is the overall IT unit in DSV and is responsible for global IT development, operations, maintenance and support. We are operating in a global environment and maintain a tight co-operation with the business.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Section Manager for IT Operations, Standardization and Consolidation, Steven da Silva, on +1 503 688 6236.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers.