Hardware Development Engineer
New business line - Build Hardware Strategy - State of the Art Unit
We are looking for a person that are passionate about computers and how they are developed. In this role you will work with the latest technology and the frontiers in the computer industry.
A new team facing aggressive expansion
The Appliances are the newest business line within the successful Milestone System Group offering a state of the art unit with the Milestone VMS software preloaded. Since Milestone Systems is a software company, the Appliance team is the organization that optimize the hardware offering to complement the award-winning software and make the customer offering even better. The Milestone Appliances are called the Husky line.
The team has the responsibility to develop new Husky units while maintaining existing Husky models. The Appliance team will also have the sourcing and manufacturing responsibility within the group.
The team already consists of a variety of specialist competences such as software development, supply chain management, process optimization, product compliance and quality assurance that all match our ambitious growth plans. By joining the Appliance team, you will be part of an exciting journey that requires hard work and commitment, but also a rare opportunity to influence and build a successful new business.
Your responsibility includes
- Hardware expertise in the Appliance projects, with the ODM partner as the designing partner.
- Being the Hardware expert for completing the VMS experience when our products are used together.
- Develop and manage the hardware technical roadmap
- Leading and managing development partners for Hardware matters.
- Managing and facilitation development activities with development partner
- Managing the area of HW development within mechanics, mechatronics and electronics
- Developing the way of working within the HW development area
- Working cross-functionally within the Appliance organization with external and internal interfaces
- Acting together with the SW development team in the system integration between SW and HW, to ensure optimization.
The role requires some travel to visit and collaborate with partners, mainly in Asia.
HW Developer from IT- or Consumer Electronics Industry
With this role you have a unique opportunity to build up the hardware development area within electronics and mechanics in Milestone. You will be responsible for the hardware development area within the development projects. Furthermore, you will develop the hardware strategy and the way of working within the hardware development area.
The ideal candidate has experience from a similar role in a matrix organization. It is an advantage having worked with outsourced development and manufacturing combined with leadership experience.
- 2-7 years of experience from the electronic appliance, consumer electronics or computer industry
- Master´s degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering
- Experience with design, development and validation within and in combination with the Electrical, Mechatronic and Mechanical engineering field
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of electronic modules including manufacturing aspects
- Experience with electrical analysis
- Knowledge of circuit board design and development
- Working knowledge of computer component and system level test plans
- Experience with suppliers and partners in Asia
- Creative problem solving skills
- Full English proficiency in speech and writing
- Independent and proactive with strong interpersonal skills
Career and Perks
Milestone Systems is a great place for you to continue or kick-start your career. We have a career model that supports your development, and the perks are numerous:
- Individual career path – technical and leadership growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular 1:1 follow-ups with your manager
- Multicultural environment with IT professionals from a wide range of countries in a high-tech organization
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored “All Inclusive” program with breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, fruit and beverages, health insurance, massage and reflexology treatments and company bikes
- Social work environment – active personnel club hosting events like cooking classes, tasting events, outdoor activities, cultural events, Friday bar and annual Christmas and summer parties
- Work life balance – flexible working hours and five extra vacation days
Milestone is a Great Place to Work
We offer an exciting and challenging job in the leading VMS company. You will be part of a team of professional, talented colleagues and you will have the opportunity to shape your job role. As a Milestone employee, you are the source to our success and you will be part of an international dynamic organization in rapid growth.
We are a young organization that prioritizes a good social environment and the welfare of our employees highly. We cherish an informal tone where the door to management is always open.
We look forward to receiving your application written in English. All candidates must be eligible to work in Denmark in order to be considered. Submit by clicking the Apply button below.
For more information, please contact Director of Appliances, Per-Olof Bergkvist at +45 88 300 300 or visit our website: www.milestonesys.com.
Deadline date: 22.01.2018.
The future is up to you!
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.