Implementation consultant (Routing) for ORTEC Nordic A/S
ORTEC Nordic is looking for an enthousiastic implementation consultant for the expansion of the Routing specialist team. We offer a full-time job in a dynamic international environment, where you will work with professional colleagues and state-of-the-art solutions as part of a leading, innovative global company.
Role: As a consultant you will be responsible for the technical implementation of ORTEC products within the area of Advanced Plannning and Scheduling at our customers. Your role is also about understanding the logistic planning process of the customer and match it on one of the products in the ORTEC logistics portfolio. Since ORTEC Nordic is a small and lean organisation, we also expect you to develop yourself in other areas. For example: executing a tactical study for an existing customer or preparing a software demonstration for a prospect.
You will receive training from, and work closely together with the local business consultant. After that you will be assigned to a project together with a lead consultant. Specific training session will also be held at ORTEC HQ in the Netherlands.
- Technical implementation of ORTEC software solutions, for example designing and setting up interfaces between systems, designing SQL queries and reports, configuration and testing of the software solution(s) in relation to the stipulated requirements and business processes of the customer.
- Training the customer and support the go-live.
- Participating in discovery sessions with the customer, understand, collect and document relevant information about the customers’ needs and business processes in order to be able to configure the system according to the requirements of the customer.
- Presentation and demonstration of relevant ORTEC solutions. The presentations can be standard or customer specific – and must be prepared for each meeting
- Data analysis and proof of concepts using data provided by the customer
- Respond to Request For Information and Request For Proposal
Your background: Ideally we are looking for a person that has a background in both IT and logistics or operations research.
- Analytical and systematical
- You should be able to produce documentation and create presentations both in English and Danish
- You must have the capacity and natural curiosity to learn and understand new software products and concepts quickly – also on your own initiative.
- Experience with SQL queries (for queries and reporting)
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio
- Experience with XSL and XML
Personal skills: You must have good people skills. You must be able to work under time pressure, and work on multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
It is very important that you are motivated to grow business for ORTEC Nordic while developing yourself without being micro managed.
Languages: You must be fluent in a Scandinavian language, and you must be fluent in English, both verbal and written.
Workplace: You will work out of the local ORTEC office in Roskilde, but you will also be able to work from home.
Travel: It is important that your private life supports travel and time away from home, that in periods can be quite extensive.
Salary: A competitive salary and pension will be offered based on your qualifications. You will be hired under the Danish “Paid Salaries Act” (Funktionærloven). For the home office, a laptop, printer, scanner, phone and internet connection will be provided. Mileage in own car will be reimbursed according to the official rates set by the national tax authorities.
How to apply: Send your application in Danish or English language by email or snail-mail together with your C.V. to:
Tel: +45 7070 5869
ORTEC is one of the largest providers of advanced planning and optimization solutions and services. ORTEC’s products and services result in optimized fleet routing and dispatch, vehicle and pallet loading, workforce scheduling, delivery forecasting, logistics network planning and warehouse control. ORTEC offers stand-alone, custom-made and SAP® certified and embedded solutions, supported by strategic partnerships. ORTEC has over 1.800 customers worldwide, 800 employees and offices in Europe, North America, South America and the Pacific Region.
About ORTEC Nordic
ORTEC Nordic manages sales and implementations in the 4 Nordic countries from our regional local office in Roskilde. The Nordic team is a small and agile team that is growing rapdily. You will get the opportunity to try different things in a very dynamic international environment, working together with other consultants from the other ORTEC offices around the world.